PVDs

PT Car Washer

And 40 years of ignoring the contract you have will do that too. You really don’t get to have it both ways.
How can I ignore the contract. Other lower seniority air drivers have filed because they want my work along with FT delivery drivers who I bumped when they were PT air drivers wanting my work. 30 years of past practice. You lose.

Thebrownblob

How can I ignore the contract. Other lower seniority air drivers have filed because they want my work along with FT delivery drivers who I bumped when they were PT air drivers wanting my work. 30 years of past practice. You lose.
Oh well past practice? where is that at in the contract? You just can’t admit you like to complain and you like to manipulate the contract to your benefit and then blame everyone else.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

I don't believe for one second, that your Local is approving of this blatant abuse of the language.

Thebrownblob

So you think the Union doesn't know about what is going on despite numerous grievances? This is one area that the company and the Union do agree on.
You couldn’t be more wrong once again.
I do not know if anyone has filed where you are or not.
I know you haven’t because you do not want your little deal to be disrupted.
If your people are filing and your business agent is doing his job correctly no panel in the world will allow it to happen. you can continue to spin this any way you want but anyone who understands how this works knows the truth.
Weather you understand or not what you have done has made sure another employee did not get a full-time pension (including yourself) while you covered for the company for multiple decades.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
So you think the Union doesn't know about what is going on despite numerous grievances? This is one area that the company and the Union do agree on.

I still don't believe you. Or, you have the absolute worst Local in the country.

You don't even have to tell what Local.... just tell me the State.

What'dyabringmetoday???

You couldn’t be more wrong once again.
I do not know if anyone has filed where you are or not.
I know you haven’t because you do not want your little deal to be disrupted.
If your people are filing and your business agent is doing his job correctly no panel in the world will allow it to happen. you can continue to spin this any way you want but anyone who understands how this works knows the truth.
Weather you understand or not what you have done has made sure another employee did not get a full-time pension (including yourself) while you covered for the company for multiple decades.
He's enjoying this...

Staydryitsraining

Let them have as many pvds as they want in the next contract. It does not affect me as a part timer. Heck let me drive the metro truck for 20 hours a week. As long as I keep my health care. Drive 3 days a week at 20 an hour with benefits count me in. You want a two tier wage system you got it!
Great example as to why we need separate contacts and votes

PT Car Washer

I still don't believe you. Or, you have the absolute worst Local in the country.

You don't even have to tell what Local.... just tell me the State.
Actually I think the Union told the company to use any qualified dues paying Union member instead of having management deliver or pick up packages. I can't understand what you have against dues paying Union members performing bargaining unit work.

Thebrownblob

Actually I think the Union told the company to use any qualified dues paying Union member instead of having management deliver or pick up packages. I can't understand what you have against dues paying Union members performing bargaining unit work.
More silly Spin. No surprise that someone like you leave Out half a story, you forgot the word
temporarily. SMH so dishonest.

Temporary could be a few different things depending on a local agreement but most generally it means anything less than 30 days in a 90 day period.

When the company has violated that I have successfully argued that those positions need to be made full-time, those air drivers became full-time package car drivers.

(At the panel)
Thank you Mr. Chairman,
The union believes The company is trying to forgo creating full-time positions by using part-time air drivers out of classification.
Air drivers have been doing full-time delivery work more than 30 days in a 90 day period proving they need to create a full-time position.

(Panel chairman)
The claim of the union is upheld

Thank you Mr. Chairman.

And just like that three air drivers become permanent full-time package drivers two of them who filed were ecstatic one of them was pissed because he was a lot like you and wanted to skirt the contract and get full-time wages without strings attached.

I can give you their numbers on a private message if you like.

Now please stop being deceitful.

Last edited:

100%

Some guys have said sit by the time clock (Diad room) until you get your 8. Can you get in trouble for not directly asking for your 8 and then staying on the clock with no work? The problem right now is no one has work to give up, and they won't send you to take stops off someone. So no "driver work". They're also not going to ask us to to janitorial work. The Diad 6 also doesn't allow code changes.

They're giving so much work away that we're getting under 7 hour planned days. My PVD called out yesterday and I said I would deliver the 30 stops. I was still done at 8 hours!
If they claim to know you’re over allowed with their system, then said system knows if you leave building without 8 hours. I sit for my 8 if dispatch didn’t do their job.

PT Car Washer

More silly Spin. No surprise that someone like you leave Out half a story, you forgot the word
temporarily. SMH so dishonest.

Temporary could be a few different things depending on a local agreement but most generally it means anything less than 30 days in a 90 day period.

When the company has violated that I have successfully argued that those positions need to be made full-time, those air drivers became full-time package car drivers.

(At the panel)
Thank you Mr. Chairman,
The union believes The company is trying to forgo creating full-time positions by using part-time air drivers out of classification.
Air drivers have been doing full-time delivery work more than 30 days in a 90 day period proving they need to create a full-time position.

(Panel chairman)
The claim of the union is upheld

Thank you Mr. Chairman.

And just like that three air drivers become permanent full-time package drivers two of them who filed were ecstatic one of them was pissed because he was a lot like you and wanted to skirt the contract and get full-time wages without strings attached.

I can give you their numbers on a private message if you like.

Now please stop being deceitful.
At my building hiring and training new FT delivery drivers is year round including during Peak. But between drivers quitting or getting hurt or getting drunk driving charges, we are still short most of the time.

PT Car Washer

So you have no first hand knowledge on why this is allowed to occur, and only know what the company tells you.

Wow.
No I worked with some of the air drivers in the car wash. They were strong Union supporters who weren't afraid to file over supervisors working. Unfortunately for them I had more seniority and took over the top spot for extra work.