Question about FO drivers

overflowed

What is your point ? That your drivers get to our fo stops at the same time? I think you need to really do some research and find out how Express operates before you make an assumption that it would be no problem for your drivers to make our time commitments.

I've never seen a green goblin doing FO, ever.

northbound

What is your point ? That your drivers get to our fo stops at the same time? I think you need to really do some research and find out how Express operates before you make an assumption that it would be no problem for your drivers to make our time commitments.

Express operates very poorly, according to everything I've read on here.....

MAKAVELI

Express operates very poorly, according to everything I've read on here.....
And why do you suppose it operates poorly? Because it is mismanaged at the direction of upper management. Has nothing to do with the ability of the drivers. We just work as directed. Do you really think they would just hand over the reigns to contractors? Like I said you need an inside view of the oversight and control that is part of daily operations. There have been many ground drivers that try to make the switch only to quit or go back to ground because they can't deal with the control, micromanagement, and simply say the pay is not enough for this bs.

STFXG

What makes you think they would need to micromanage contractors? There would be some service problems at first, but the contractors that couldn't manage the routes would be weeded out. They would just set standards and hold the contractors liable if they couldn't meet those standards. No need to micromanage.

MAKAVELI

What makes you think they would need to micromanage contractors? There would be some service problems at first, but the contractors that couldn't manage the routes would be weeded out. They would just set standards and hold the contractors liable if they couldn't meet those standards. No need to micromanage.
It wouldn't work at express because the time definite service and airplane schedules do not allow for a middle man to ensure service and schedules. Contractors would essentially have to take the role of our ops managers. Be available essentially 24 hours a day and be intrenched in not only station ops but in constant contact with hub operations.

bbsam

Staff member
It wouldn't work at express because the time definite service and airplane schedules do not allow for a middle man to ensure service and schedules. Contractors would essentially have to take the role of our ops managers. Be available essentially 24 hours a day and be intrenched in not only station ops but in constant contact with hub operations.

we already are entrenched. And FDX already suspends time definite delivery guarantees all the time for weather etc.

MAKAVELI

we already are entrenched. And FDX already suspends time definite delivery guarantees all the time for weather etc.
Ok bro. Pipe dreams anyway.

northbound

I operate 24 hours a day now. Line haul rolls in at 535 sort begins 545 P&D roll out at 7 P&D return 3-530 line haul rolls out 730

MAKAVELI

I operate 24 hours a day now. Line haul rolls in at 535 sort begins 545 P&D roll out at 7 P&D return 3-530 line haul rolls out 730
Nice try but not even close to what goes on at Express.

northbound

Oh I know Express is way over my head. You said that we're not capable of operating 24/7 well we are. Non peak my business operates from 430 Monday morning til 600 Saturday morning. During peak we operate 24 hours a day 7 days per week. I have a good idea we could handle a few time sensitive deliveries

MAKAVELI

Oh I know Express is way over my head. You said that we're not capable of operating 24/7 well we are. Non peak my business operates from 430 Monday morning til 600 Saturday morning. During peak we operate 24 hours a day 7 days per week. I have a good idea we could handle a few time sensitive deliveries
The two opco operate very differently. The micromangement and control will always be a part of Express. At least you know Express is way over your head.

bbsam

Staff member
The two opco operate very differently. The micromangement and control will always be a part of Express. At least you know Express is way over your head.

I don't know that. You have an Express driver in another thread who just came from Ground and is having no problems. I think you have oversold your abilities or underestimated Grounds. It happens. UPS did the same years ago.

MAKAVELI

I don't know that. You have an Express driver in another thread who just came from Ground and is having no problems. I think you have oversold your abilities or underestimated Grounds. It happens. UPS did the same years ago.
He is still a newbie and they are probably giving him help. In a month it will be a different story. I have seen a few ground drivers try Express over the years and none of them stay very long. I don't underestimate anyone, just my observations over the years.

bbsam

Staff member
If you continue to insist that Ground drivers could never handle an Express work load, then you do underestimate us. If you compare Ground drivers over the years and assume they have not gotten better with route density and efficiency, then you underestimate us.

MAKAVELI

If you continue to insist that Ground drivers could never handle an Express work load, then you do underestimate us. If you compare Ground drivers over the years and assume they have not gotten better with route density and efficiency, then you underestimate us.
Ok buddy, that's why one of our managers said they would never hire another ground driver again. They just can't handle the rules , and micromanagement that we have here at Express.