Question about golf cart accident while qualifying

Zack smith

I am currently qualifying to be a full time driver. I was parked in a golf cart rental next to a pick-up truck and when I backed up to leave I ended up backing into the passenger side wheel well of the truck. When I backed it did cause damage. Should I tell my boss or union steward first? The golf cart rental place didn't need any sort of insurance from me. Would I be DQ'd from this?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I am currently qualifying to be a full time driver. I was parked in a golf cart rental next to a pick-up truck and when I backed up to leave I ended up backing into the passenger side wheel well of the truck. When I backed it did cause damage. Should I tell my boss or union steward first? The golf cart rental place didn't need any sort of insurance from me. Would I be DQ'd from this?

Were you in a golf cart or a package car?

Honestly, you are probably screwed.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I was in a rented golf cart not on the clock
IMG_2221.GIF

Richard Cranium

Should have backed first.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Ups only cares about accidents that happen on the clock with their equipment or serious accidents off the clock that result in a ticket or loss of your drivers license. A golf cart accident on private property, where no tickets were issued or injuries occurred wouldn't even be on their radar.

On another note, it's a definite wake up call for you on your diving habits.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

WGAF?

What was your score of the course?

I was going through the montlake cut. From lake union to lake Washington. It was about 5:00 am, so still pretty dark. I hit a buoy. Damaged my pride. But I will fill out an accident report on Tuesday.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We had a couple idiot helpers throw the golf cart in neutral and roll down the road with it, something went wrong and they fell off, resulting in it crashing into someone's car.

Also had a safety committee driver "training" helpers to do golf cart deliveries out of a uhual trailer. Myself among other drivers have been vocal before peak about the company supplying wheel chocks, needless to say only those who complained, got them. This safety guy wasn't one, didn't have any, and rolled away in the trailer and hit a curb resulting in injury to said "safety" committee driver.

john chesney

We're you golfing on your own time? If so no need to report it to anyone. If you get citation from police that must be reported on a yearly paper they will give you listing all your traffic tickets. If you have a dui it has to be reported immediately before the start of next shift. Report always to supervisor or center manager immediately anything that could remotely be considered an accident in a ups vehicle and I mean immediately.Stop what you are doing and call right then. Don't crash in your qualifying time or your probably be gone

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
There was a drunk clown at my golf course (no not me) thought it would be funny to go full speed down hill and missed the curve. Went over the side took out a boulder and broke his leg. Another drunk clown (again not me) thought it would be funny to drive on a public road and got a dwi and theft after running into the back of a car.