Question for Southern Region.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
So when it finally does slow down will they be the first to be sent back to the hub to get their hours?
Yes, they will be laid off first, but with 156 reports, its likely they will drive most of the time anyway. We are in a small center, 22-25 routes and have just added 4 full time jobs because of the 156 rule.

Staydryitsraining

This is an interesting point. Our tcds that we werent supposed to have anymore because of 22.4s have been driving for almost 3 months now. No way going into summer they wont be used. Good question to ask my BA.

The swing of the double-edged sword here comes when they decide to put the cover drivers back in the building only, then those guys get antsy after going from $30ish/hr back to their inside rate at half the hours or less. They did that a few years back when other CD language in the southwest (30 punches in 90 days) was pushed, they backed off of filing because they couldn't go a month without CD rate while waiting on the grievance. Management (in not so many words) told them that they would never drive again until a full-time spot opened if they filed. Was kind of a mess for a minute, then we got busy and they hired a bunch of drivers anyway, no idea how that would've turned out.

542thruNthru

The swing of the double-edged sword here comes when they decide to put the cover drivers back in the building only, then those guys get antsy after going from $30ish/hr back to their inside rate at half the hours or less. They did that a few years back when other CD language in the southwest (30 punches in 90 days) was pushed, they backed off of filing because they couldn't go a month without CD rate while waiting on the grievance. Management (in not so many words) told them that they would never drive again until a full-time spot opened if they filed. Was kind of a mess for a minute, then we got busy and they hired a bunch of drivers anyway, no idea how that would've turned out.

Interesting. Management couldn't do that here because they need those CDs. Maybe not all of them but at least half.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
My district has a 156 report that monitors it. Managers typically do a good job staying ahead of it to avoid grievances.