Question for Southern Region.

542thruNthru

I have a question for my Southern Region brothers and sisters. We recently had language added to our rider in the Southwest pertaining to cover driver reports.
sketch-1589938372489.jpg

I know that the southern region has something similar in their supp.
sketch-1589938011064.jpg

My question is what type of success if any you have had with this language? If none what were the reasons? Does anyone know any TCDs that have filed a grievance for this?

I ask this because soon all our cover drivers will be filing a grievance with this language. I know the company will fight it tooth and nail and I'm curious how other locals have fared.

Thanks for any help.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have a question for my Southern Region brothers and sisters. We recently had language added to our rider in the Southwest pertaining to cover driver reports.
View attachment 296049

View attachment 296050

My question is what type of success if any you have had with this language? If none what were the reasons? Does anyone know any TCDs that have filed a grievance for this?

I ask this because soon all our cover drivers will be filing a grievance with this language. I know the company will fight it tooth and nail and I'm curious how other locals have fared.

Thanks for any help.

How do you get added language in the middle of a contract?
Was it negotiated?

RTCD

You’ll have to get an official count of 3C (TCD) punches for every cover driver... there’s always a magical difference between actual 3C reports and what the center says.

Your language reads much better in that 156 reports gets a new FT RPCD job, not just a new FT 22.4.

Overpaid Union Thug

View attachment 296049

View attachment 296050

View attachment 296050

Thanks for any help.
I think we’ve had one new job created as a result. Management has been pretty good about watching each individual’s reports since then. The language would be better if it accounted for multiple TCDs getting 156 reports collectively.

542thruNthru

I think we’ve had one new job created as a result. Management has been pretty good about watching each individual’s reports since then. The language would be better if it accounted for multiple TCDs getting 156 reports collectively.

How do they switch them around? Don't they have to follow seniority? Wouldn't the highest seniority TCD always work before others?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yep. Should say for every 156 reports a new job will be created.

542thruNthru

They only use them when absolutely necessary. Plus, there are actually around 252 work days in a year so that makes it a little easier to manage.

Our area is so used to using cover drivers year round that they are not even paying attention to the number of days worked. That plus the pandemic, every single cover driver will easily hit 156 reports by end of August I believe.

Overpaid Union Thug

Our area is so used to using cover drivers year round that they are not even paying attention to the number of days worked. That plus the pandemic, every single cover driver will easily hit 156 reports by end of August I believe.
Well, hopefully your local isn’t as weak as ours has gotten lately. If so....good luck with that.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yes I have. Thats a ton of dead days for a TCD especially in a supp that has language that unpaid days off must be offered by seniority.
We don’t have TCD so way out of my element. Used to like it that way but between the summer free period and the Christmas free period the company just has to limp by a few weeks on each side and they don’t have to hire anyone.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Sorry I said it that way because this will be the first year we can actually file because of the delay in ratification.
Looks like they could have filed as soon as they got 156 reports last year.

Devil's advocate....
Have any RPCD positions been added since the 156th report occurred? If so, that would have already fulfilled the requirement right?

542thruNthru

Devil's advocate....
Have any RPCD positions been added since the 156th report occurred? If so, that would have already fulfilled the requirement right?

We were told because the contract had not been ratified and 22.4s were not allowed. That the 156 report language wouldn't start till this year.

542thruNthru

Devil's advocate....

You mean the company saying that the RPCDs that have been hired count towards the 156 reports language. Even if that were true. My center alone has 10 cover drivers. We haven't hired 10 RPCDs. Heck we may not have hired 10 RPCDs in the whole building.