Question for the runner , gunners.

ReLooped

I'm utility...AGAIN!?
out of 100+ drivers there are less than 10 on the 9.5 list. when I suggest opting in? "oh no no no I don't wanna deal with the ride alongs" or " well I'm on the 9.5 watch list they said they're gonna work with me."

i think: congrats bud, you just put a sign on your head saying "please make me your bitch"

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
The days of the Union Joe milking the clock will be over in about 10 years, when the union fades to something less than it is now. I think everyone can agree the union is not getting stronger.

The fact is these runners know that doing a quality job (by company standards) is what'll save their job. Unions promote mediocrity.

wayfair

swollen member
The days of the Union Joe milking the clock will be over in about 10 years, when the union fades to something less than it is now. I think everyone can agree the union is not getting stronger.

The fact is these runners know that doing a quality job (by company standards) is what'll save their job. Unions promote mediocrity.

safety expert my :censored2:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Hi upstate!!

By The Book

I can't understand why the company hasn't "fixed" their numbers so the bonus is eliminated? We don't have bonus here, and our numbers they invent are insane. You will never run scratch on most routes, so anyone with half a brain doesn't even worry about it. I average 50 over daily.
I agree! Ups is just throwing money out the window. These runners are so easily talked into busting these routes out, they won't change even if the bonus was gone.

Brownified

Bonus will eventually be gone. If the rest of the centers are like the one I'm in, every year we lose a little allowance. 15 years ago the route I trained on was a piece of cake. One could easily make 2.5 hours of bonus if they moved at a quick pace. That same route is tough to run scratch on unless your a runner. More than half the routes now can't hit bonus no matter who runs them. At least half the routes are always over allowed when they all made bonus at one time. I think our raises have a little something to do with that. Take care of yourself and be safe. Don't retire with a limp.

underworked1

Why? No seriously. You go out there , sheet ground shipper release pkgs as ni1. Leave packages in mailboxes. Run though people's yards. Go to pick ups an hour early. Get angry if coustomer has a question or asks you to do anything that keeps you from sprinting back to truck. Seriously, I don't understand it. You make your union brothers look horrible, not that you care, because you don't. You will not make it here long doing the things you do on a daily basis. Rant over
Why would anyone choose to ni1 a package instead or DRing it? If these guys are trying to save time why wouldn't they drop it and go? Maybe you are DRing to areas you shouldn't be and they arent.

underworked1

You guys are as bad as management, all obsessed with what other drivers do all day. Just do your job and quit worrying about it, you'll be fine.
I had a driver almost crying because I ran so much under on his route. I always follow methods, never miss a hand Rail or fail to square up to the door. Never speed and I still crushed his time allowance. He said I was doing something wrong but he and I both know his time allowance is way too high and he was afraid I was going to expose that.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I had a driver almost crying because I ran so much under on his route. I always follow methods, never miss a hand Rail or fail to square up to the door. Never speed and I still crushed his time allowance. He said I was doing something wrong but he and I both know his time allowance is way too high and he was afraid I was going to expose that.
The big difference is you don't "know" his customers. while us regular route drivers go into a business we give some howdy-dos and some small banter. Mean while your younger legs carry you in a bit faster, you grab a signature, and right back out the door, Cover drivers lack what we call personableness and customer service. But that's not always the case. I haven't "run" in years. But I can still hold my banter and crush my own route and be off the clock by 5:30 every day with a lunch in there as well. Even the guys who cover my route wonder how I get done so quickly. There's only one driver who covers my route that gets done before me and his regular route is the route next to mine. We are known as the 5 O'clock Boys. LOL.

wayfair

swollen member

crying huh?

crushed it too???

I bet you get 30 more stops next time you run his route

ManInBrown

Why? No seriously. You go out there , sheet ground shipper release pkgs as ni1. Leave packages in mailboxes. Run though people's yards. Go to pick ups an hour early. Get angry if coustomer has a question or asks you to do anything that keeps you from sprinting back to truck. Seriously, I don't understand it. You make your union brothers look horrible, not that you care, because you don't. You will not make it here long doing the things you do on a daily basis. Rant over

This. My route is cut on Monday. My work gets split up between 3 or 4 other drivers. One of the drivers that gets part of it was off. So a cover did his route. Fresh as a daisy. Just made book as permanent. Sheeted like 4 or 5 driver release residential stops NI1. Just mind boggling. Did he not even attempt them? Did he just sheet them from some other location? Doesn't he know there is this thing called telematics, THAT SHOWS WHERE YOU ARE. I just shake my head. Runner Gunner :censored2:

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
This. My route is cut on Monday. My work gets split up between 3 or 4 other drivers. One of the drivers that gets part of it was off. So a cover did his route. Fresh as a daisy. Just made book as permanent. Sheeted like 4 or 5 driver release residential stops NI1. Just mind boggling. Did he not even attempt them? Did he just sheet them from some other location? Doesn't he know there is this thing called telematics, THAT SHOWS WHERE YOU ARE. I just shake my head. Runner Gunner :censored2:
O wait , you mean my thread is relevant, this can not be , @soberups you won't believe this .......

ManInBrown

Here's another funny one. OW package, driver release residential stop from a day I was sick. Kid that does my route sheets it NA1. LOL

Last edited: