Question for the runner , gunners.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Burrheadd hasn't posted a single opinion weighing in on either side of this topic. But telling me to mind my own business, in a thread that's essentially worrying about what others do and don't to, makes him seem like an idiot. Jmo.
My opinion is this.unless joeblow is taking $$$ from you then don't worry about him. That's what his boss should be doing
How's that

9.5 everyday

No, we're talking about runner gunners, and the flip side of that being slow pokes. None of us should be worrying about what the next guy is doing. Maybe you can fill me in, what do R/G usually get/deserve?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
No, we're talking about runner gunners, and the flip side of that being slow pokes. None of us should be worrying about what the next guy is doing. Maybe you can fill me in, what do R/G usually get/deserve?
Hurt
Wreck
Caught doing shizz they shouldn't be
Pizzed off customers

Should I go on

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1459909707.851832.jpg

Because that's what I do best
Get over it

Holydriver

The big difference is you don't "know" his customers. while us regular route drivers go into a business we give some howdy-dos and some small banter. Mean while your younger legs carry you in a bit faster, you grab a signature, and right back out the door, Cover drivers lack what we call personableness and customer service. But that's not always the case. I haven't "run" in years. But I can still hold my banter and crush my own route and be off the clock by 5:30 every day with a lunch in there as well. Even the guys who cover my route wonder how I get done so quickly. There's only one driver who covers my route that gets done before me and his regular route is the route next to mine. We are known as the 5 O'clock Boys. LOL.
In my center they'd fix that up quick. You'd be known as the 6:55 boys. Just in time to not 9/5

Cementups

Box Monkey
In my center they'd fix that up quick. You'd be known as the 6:55 boys. Just in time to not 9/5
6:40 is my 9.5 time (30 min approved lunch) so I'd be over. And a grievance would follow.

Seriously, our center isn't like most centers. We send all our drivers out with a fair amount of work. The only that differs between routes IMO is driver work ethic. I come in and do my job and go home. Yet I know other drivers who see a certain stop count and throw it down into turtle mode. That's there choice. I'm no rabbit but I certainly don't drag my feet. And I follow Orion 90-95%

Holydriver

6:40 is my 9.5 time (30 min approved lunch) so I'd be over. And a grievance would follow.

Seriously, our center isn't like most centers. We send all our drivers out with a fair amount of work. The only that differs between routes IMO is driver work ethic. I come in and do my job and go home. Yet I know other drivers who see a certain stop count and throw it down into turtle mode. That's there choice. I'm no rabbit but I certainly don't drag my feet. And I follow Orion 90-95%
I hear that. My center would friend you over and pile on the stops until you got within minutes of 9.5 then leave you there. Overtime every single day. We also have this weird situation going on where one week work is nice and smooth, stops counts in check. The next week all hell breaks loose and we are entirely over dispatched. The cycle repeats weekly.

Hey, by the way, what exactly does UPS/union consider "a fair days work?" I've been pondering this for a while now. I personally don't think daily overtime is a fair days work. But I'm the type that prefers to be at home instead of at work

Cementups

Box Monkey
Hey, by the way, what exactly does UPS/union consider "a fair days work?" I've been pondering this for a while now. I personally don't think daily overtime is a fair days work. But I'm the type that prefers to be at home instead of at work
8.9 hours is the ideal to them as I am told by my OnCar. I told him that's an hour to much.

Cementups

Box Monkey
But they want to " plan" you at 8.9 which really means 9.9 day...

Maybe for you. I'm a scratch or under driver. No running. You'd be shocked at how slow I move. My OnCar even made note to me one day that he followed me and couldn't believe how much he thinks I screw around yet show up under on the report daily. I told him, "I'm just that good."

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Maybe for you. I'm a scratch or under driver. No running. You'd be shocked at how slow I move. My OnCar even made note to me one day that he followed me and couldn't believe how much he thinks I screw around yet show up under on the report daily. I told him, "I'm just that good."
Sounds like you got lucky..lol