Question on Union Pay Raise

DeificWhiteBoy

WorldPort recently adjusted starting wages to $16.50 on 2DA and $18.50 on 1DA. Our contract says we get a $0.90 raise on August 1st. Will people who were below this rate still get their $0.90 raise or does this bump overpower that?

542thruNthru

WorldPort recently adjusted starting wages to $16.50 on 2DA and $18.50 on 1DA. Our contract says we get a $0.90 raise on August 1st. Will people who were below this rate still get their $0.90 raise or does this bump overpower that?
Good question. I'd call your local and speak with Zuckerman.

Mr. Marshall

We were told the raises would not happen unless the pay increase was rescinded (which at least where I am at they said they could basically do anytime after September 1) and then the raise would be added. I should add that I am at max so it doesn't affect me but that it was I was told.

upschuck

Art 22.5a. Says all PT employees who have attained seniority as if aug1, 2018 will receive the following wages.

So yes you should get that raise, if you attained seniority before 8/1/18.

Those after Aug 1 2018, no.

upschuck

We were told the raises would not happen unless the pay increase was rescinded (which at least where I am at they said they could basically do anytime after September 1) and then the raise would be added. I should add that I am at max so it doesn't affect me but that it was I was told.
That would be the chance you take if you grieve it.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Article 22.5 (b)...The lovely Progression clause...those who do qualify for the GWI will actually get $1.33 due to the Cost of Living increase.

I believe that if you are under these numerous progression classifications you will not get that COLA increase, Also I don’t know if they even get those General Wage Increases also...?

Last edited:
Article 22.5 (b)...The lovely Progression clause...those who do qualify for the GWI will actually get $1.33 due to the Cost of Living increase.

I believe that if you are under these numerous progression classifications you will not get that COLA increase, Also I don’t know if they even get those General Wage Increases also...?
$1.23*

cachmeifucan

Ok so i got a stupid?. Is the COLA calculated from may to may? And how is it calculated? And the fact that ups raised wages does that in any way drive down the cost of living adjustment? It probably has nothing to do with how much a company pays its current employees. Just wondering. Cant wait to see what the market rate adjustment is reevaluated in September.

DriverNerd

Ok so i got a stupid?. Is the COLA calculated from may to may? And how is it calculated? And the fact that ups raised wages does that in any way drive down the cost of living adjustment? It probably has nothing to do with how much a company pays its current employees. Just wondering. Cant wait to see what the market rate adjustment is reevaluated in September.
Per article 33 of the contract:
The amount of the cost-of-living allowance shall be determined as provided below on the basis of the “Consumer Price Index for Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers, CPI-W (Revised Series using 1982-1984 Expenditure Patterns), All Items (1982-84 = 100), published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor” and referred to herein as the “Index”.

Effective August 1, 2019 and every August 1 thereafter during the life of the Agreement, a cost-of-living allowance will be calculated on the basis of the difference between the Index for May 2019 (published June 2019) and every May thereafter, and the base Index for May 2018 (published June 2018) and every May thereafter, as follows:

For every two tenths (0.2) point increase in the Index, over and above the base (prior year’s) Index plus three percent (3.0%) there will be a one (1) cent increase in the hourly wage rates payable on August 1, 2019 and every August 1 thereafter. These increases shall only be payable if they equal five cents ($.05) in a year