Question regarding air service

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
I don’t trust any information I’m given at UPS. Ever.

Verify everything, cover your back. Learn to be independent. Take no sh!!t.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Hey brothers,
So the other day I called in at 7:30am and was told they don't have work for me. I then receive a call at 9am asking how soon can I be there. I live close to the hub so I said about 9:30. Upon arrival, I was told I'll be covering a route and that a supervisor had taken air pieces of the trip. I find out during my first stop that I still have additional air pieces on my truck and was sent a message from dispatch saying I do indeed have air pieces. I ran ground with air and delivered two air pieces after 10:30 but before 11 and now I am being written up for having late air.

My question is, was I still liable to deliver air packages before commit times even though I was not originally scheduled that work day?
R u serious

brown_trousers

Yup you were told you had air and ignored it. By your own words highlighted in red that will be your demise. Not being scheduled to work has nothing to do with it.

This is managements favorite game. they tell you one thing, and when that backfires on them, they backtrack and blame you for not following methods, and/or lie about what they said.

I would claim that he was working as directed, and when management stated they took the air off his truck, they were implying that he disregard the air stops in EDD. Hold management accountable for what they say

Johney

I find out during my first stop that I still have additional air pieces on my truck and was sent a message from dispatch saying I do indeed have air pieces.

This is managements favorite game. they tell you one thing, and when that backfires on them, they backtrack and blame you for not following methods, and/or lie about what they said.

I would claim that he was working as directed, and when management stated they took the air off his truck, they were implying that he disregard the air stops in EDD. Hold management accountable for what they say
Ok yea that'll work.

El Correcto

god is dead
It wont work. Its hard to prove what a supervisor told you unless they did it over a message.

However our shop steward told us once that if management tells or orders us to do something, it takes precedence over the established methods.
They tell you some stuff that they’ll never write you up for not doing. They don’t want it to be documented that that’s what they are doing. Some times it’s better to risk the not working as directed than it is what ever they are telling you to do.

Heavy Package

I then receive a call at 9am asking how soon can I be there. I live close to the hub so I said about 9:30.

THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM RIGHT HERE ^^^^^^^^

UPS: No, we don't need you today.

UPS (Again): We need you!!

UPS (A Third Time): You came in and helped us out? Here' your warning letter.