Quitting Question

Drink Craft Beer

Most preloaders day ends when the drivers start in the morning. Some days sooner.
True... but if the preload gets done 35mins before drivers start time, couldnt I say "the schedule says I'm scheduled to work for another 35mins." We both know they dont want that to happen.

That's why I'm surprised a schedule would have a set time when a preloader can leave.

quad decade guy

I joined UPS less than a week ago hoping for a part time job like the ad said (4-5hrs) and so far I've been working for a minimum of 6 hours and also expected to come in an hour early than my online schedule said, and stay around 2 hours later than my online schedule also said. I specifically joined this job for the hours listed online. I talked to a full time supervisor and was told that, this how how ups works and I can't leave at the time that I was shown when I first applied. Not to mention this I already have bad back and feet pain and it was probably a mistake applying to a manual labor intensive job, I worked my last shift and went on my 2 days off. I was in pretty bad pain everyday coming in because of my back, and I had to stay later because I wasn't able to leave at the time out I was originally shown. I had a pretty bad experience and REALLY don't want to go back and am set on quitting. My question is though, I don't have the number for where I was working at nor can I find it. Can I call the ups recruitment line and tell them I'd like to resign immediately? Or do I just no call no show for several days and hope they fire me?

OMG. Quit this job like all rest you have quit. Now as you wallow around whatever your existence is...there are part timers with very little time with the company getting $100k jobs. Think about that as you leave the property for the very last time. Oh and free insurance...vacation. That back ache gonna be pricey. Do you cry every day? Wow.

Poop Head

Judge me.
True... but if the preload gets done 35mins before drivers start time, couldnt I say "the schedule says I'm scheduled to work for another 35mins." We both know they dont want that to happen.

That's why I'm surprised a schedule would have a set time when a preloader can leave.
The op was talking about what the job description said when they applied and what hr said during the hiring process. Probably told them "yup, 4am-8am, monday through friday." We all know thats not how it really works.

SLW

Stick around until you can get FMLA if you're taking care of your folks in that capacity and then use it to control those hours, or bid on something else. Chances are a lot of those aches and pains will go away (even though you may wind up with new ones). My body was overall much worse off with a non-physical job, so everything is a trade-off. Otherwise maybe restaurant or gig economy jobs might be better for you right now as a student, unless you're counting on them to pay for your college (places like Starbucks will do this, but not like UPS does).

Yolo

Idk why everyone is attacking the OP. UPS lied to him. Job description is inaccurate. He has prior commitments that interfere with the job. If the job description was accurate or if HR was honest with him he would have never taken the job.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
I joined UPS less than a week ago hoping for a part time job like the ad said (4-5hrs) and so far I've been working for a minimum of 6 hours and also expected to come in an hour early than my online schedule said, and stay around 2 hours later than my online schedule also said. I specifically joined this job for the hours listed online. I talked to a full time supervisor and was told that, this how how ups works and I can't leave at the time that I was shown when I first applied. Not to mention this I already have bad back and feet pain and it was probably a mistake applying to a manual labor intensive job, I worked my last shift and went on my 2 days off. I was in pretty bad pain everyday coming in because of my back, and I had to stay later because I wasn't able to leave at the time out I was originally shown. I had a pretty bad experience and REALLY don't want to go back and am set on quitting. My question is though, I don't have the number for where I was working at nor can I find it. Can I call the ups recruitment line and tell them I'd like to resign immediately? Or do I just no call no show for several days and hope they fire me?
This job is not for everyone but at least tell them in person you are quitting

possibleparrot381

Even though you sound like a real loser like my son in law, you don't have to be. At least go in on Monday and tell them like an adult that you quit effective immediately.

No call no show only friend*s everyone each day until they finally terminate you which, could be more than a week later.
Did we read the same post? What made you decide to be a dick head? Their story is pretty common UPS is not for everybody.

possibleparrot381

I'm going to college and taking care of my parents at the same, it's not like I'm whining about having to work more because I don't want to, but because I simply don't have time to afford to. I fell flat on my back from a 12 foot drop, so like I said it was most likely a mistake applying for this job. I just wanted to know if calling them, or calling them to resign would be much better than a no call no show.
I don't know much about the benefits for new people but you should be getting some kind of disability for that that's a hard fall

Est.1998

I'm going to college and taking care of my parents at the same, it's not like I'm whining about having to work more because I don't want to, but because I simply don't have time to afford to. I fell flat on my back from a 12 foot drop, so like I said it was most likely a mistake applying for this job. I just wanted to know if calling them, or calling them to resign would be much better than a no call no show.
If you're in college, poverty level income, and semi disabled from what i read, how are you the guardians of the people who created you?

Est.1998

Idk why everyone is attacking the OP. UPS lied to him. Job description is inaccurate. He has prior commitments that interfere with the job. If the job description was accurate or if HR was honest with him he would have never taken the job.
I'm calling bs on this.
He/she took the job because they needed it.
UPS didn't headhunt any of us.
The only way this person will work the hours they want/need to work is if they work for themselves.
UPS lied, lol, so funny.
What else is new?

Dr.Brownz

LOL no. They gurantee PT workers 3.5 hours. Learn what the contract actually says before you get laughed at in real life

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Did we read the same post? What made you decide to be a dick head? Their story is pretty common UPS is not for everybody.
I decided to be a dick head when I read the same thing that all these pansies post, who come on here crying about how hard the job is and how UPS lied to them, and how they get treated. It's almost as if they are the first person to ever tell us this. Those of us who can hack the job and make the cut already know how the job is, we don't need another 10,000 posts from whiney little imps who can't.

Oh, good luck on your second week...

Last edited:

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
Even though you sound like a real loser like my son in law, you don't have to be. At least go in on Monday and tell them like an adult that you quit effective immediately.

No call no show only friend*s everyone each day until they finally terminate you which, could be more than a week later.

Who cares who it :censored2:s over?

Do Rico

If you don’t care to put this job on your resume just don’t go in. Don’t waste the little free time you have to make people here and at a place you worked a little while feel better.
If you already have back problems this job will make it so much worse and they don’t care. So Look out for yourself and your family.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Sounds like my friends SIL, came to work in the hub several years ago, after two days started bitching about how hard the work is and when will he get to drive. I think he made it 10 days, he now works the deli counter at walmart. That must have much better pay and benefits then the driver job he would have had by now.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
I decided to be a dick head when I read the same thing that all these pansies post, who come on here crying about how hard the job is and how UPS lied to them, and how they get treated. It's almost as if they are the first person to ever tell us this. Those of us who can hack the job and make the cut already know how the job is, we don't need another 10,000 posts from whiney little imps who can't.

Oh, good luck on your second week...
They need to stop telling people it's a 17-20 hour job and admit it will vary drastically.