Raise for drivers 118,000 USA drivers?

Cowboy Mac

Well, you are opening a can of worm. What if UPS says to all drivers: if you want to work here, buy this 1K xyz brand smartphone and download our MDA. It is our complete replacement for DIAD. There isn't a thing you can do about it either. I rather have a dedicated device than being forced to download an app. PNC bank starts doing that with Zelle payment. You can't go online banking and send money. You will download a PNC app to your phone! Don't like it? Close your PNC bank account and go somewhere else since we don't care. It is nothing but inconvenience.
Show me where it says it in the contract that I’m required to use my personal phone. Of course, being a management person, you have not read the contract.

Zowert

If a security guard is making 50-60 per Hr in your area, you have 2 options. Move, or quit and become a security guard. I’d take the security job!
Is that security guard getting free health insurance and a pension with up to 7 weeks paid vacation? You can make $60 an hour but have to pay for your medical, dental and vision plus retirement. So it evens out. Our benefits are second to none.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Irrelevant sir,,,but what side are you on. Too many people, including you, think we are very well compensated. 4 years ago I would have kind of agreed, maybe 10% underpaid. In the post Covid world, our pay is a joke….especially when you factor in 1) the profits our work produces 2) the environment in which we work and 3) the nasty inflation Biden has caused/ failed to reign in. The shareholders got a 50% raise. I think anything less, over 5 years would be an insult. For the sake of clarity and full disclosure to previous statement….I say a 50% raise meaning out total benefit package…..hourly rate + health +pension contributions. Please don’t cheat yourself out of the pay you deserve. You work too hard for your money and your hard work enables Carol Tome to live like a queen. I am cool with that. I believe in capitalism. But those of us who live in major Metro areas know what a joke our pay is. Maybe Market rate adjustments should apply to all FT, PT for large metro areas.
He's retiring.

textat3

Is that security guard getting free health insurance and a pension with up to 7 weeks paid vacation? You can make $60 an hour but have to pay for your medical, dental and vision plus retirement. So it evens out. Our benefits are second to none.
Cool about the benies but again, which side are you on man….we make these folks 13b…Shareholders got a 50% raise….we are underpaid.

Pullman Brown

Cool about the benies but again, which side are you on man….we make these folks 13b…Shareholders got a 50% raise….we are underpaid.

For me obviously with those profits and the fact that it still is 13 billion and not a limitless amount of profits, where should the increase go? Part-time gets more than full-time or full-time gets more than part-time? I don’t agree that part-time should get more. Full-time should. That’s where the debate should be.

For me obviously with those profits and the fact that it still is 13 billion and not a limitless amount of profits, where should the increase go? Part-time gets more than full-time or full-time gets more than part-time? I don’t agree that part-time should get more. Full-time should. That’s where the debate should be.
The part-time wages have not kept up over the decades

Pullman Brown

The part-time wages have not kept up over the decades

But why should they get more than us? It’s part-time. Not saying they shouldn’t get a raise but more than us? It’s the best part time job out there! You know how many people cannot believe that they get healthcare paid 100 percent by the company and if they stay for five a pension. Fine give them more but tell the truth when you’re doing it! Damn!

Cowboy Mac

But why should they get more than us? It’s part-time. Not saying they shouldn’t get a raise but more than us? It’s the best part time job out there! You know how many people cannot believe that they get healthcare paid 100 percent by the company and if they stay for five a pension. Fine give them more but tell the truth when you’re doing it! Damn!
You could take probably 1/4 of that $13B and give everyone a substantial raise. Take a little more and give us better working conditions.

It's always been the squeaky wheel with some race and that's why the full timers has always gotten but better than the last couple of decades the part timers are not realize that your benefit package is worth more than a year I really love the answer is but if they want to attract more poor time employees who had to pay them a little bit more.

On the other hand if you want to make money so I try but they don't want to do that either.

Something has changed your last couple of decades

Pullman Brown

It's always been the squeaky wheel with some race and that's why the full timers has always gotten but better than the last couple of decades the part timers are not realize that your benefit package is worth more than a year I really love the answer is but if they want to attract more poor time employees who had to pay them a little bit more.

On the other hand if you want to make money so I try but they don't want to do that either.

Something has changed your last couple of decades

Right while complaining of the low wages but never trying to better their situation when full-time opportunities are available because it’s too hard or whatever illegitimate excuse they give.
giphy.gif