Raise for drivers 118,000 USA drivers?

Right while complaining of the low wages but never trying to better their situation when full-time opportunities are available because it’s too hard or whatever illegitimate excuse they give. View attachment 432432
I always hate the argument of needing more FT opportunities. There were more opportunities over the last few years than ever before, they just want easy inside FT jobs. I understand a very select few cannot go driving, but for most of them, :censored2: you, these are the jobs available, and there were plenty of them for a while.

rod

Retired 22 years
Are you proposing a mandatory retirement age?
Hell no. If you want to work until you drop dead at UPS go for it. I just don't understand why anyone would want to work 40 plus years at UPS when they could be enjoying life. Hold off on filing for Social Security also.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
They upgraded our break room last week. Got rid of 2 vending machines and replaced them with this. It's pretty neat.
Yea no the general public already admits in surveys they have shorted a self-checkout at least once and secondly admit to shorting a self checkout due to difficulty in finding and paying for a product on screen and in sheer error that is not discovered until some time afterwords. I get that older generation folks want to believe in individual merit but at the end of the day one camera in the breakroom will fire more employees than ever before.

Yea no the general public already admits in surveys they have shorted a self-checkout at least once and secondly admit to shorting a self checkout due to difficulty in finding and paying for a product on screen and in sheer error that is not discovered until some time afterwords. I get that older generation folks want to believe in individual merit but at the end of the day one camera in the breakroom will fire more employees than ever before.
There's one in the feeder/shifter breakroom in Goodyear, not sure if anyone's been trouble over it, but I havent heard about any. Been there for a couple years.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Hell no. If you want to work until you drop dead at UPS go for it. I just don't understand why anyone would want to work 40 plus years at UPS when they could be enjoying life. Hold off on filing for Social Security also.
What age did you retire Rod???

DOK

Company could save a lot of money getting rid of useless on roads. Take half portion of would be pay and pay center manager more and other parts elsewhere
How about getting rid of center managers? On Cars do the work, center mangers compensation is over twice that of an on car. Eliminate the center manager position.

JustDeliverIt

How about getting rid of center managers? On Cars do the work, center mangers compensation is over twice that of an on car. Eliminate the center manager position.

And I would think to get rid of all On Cars, the cradle and telematics does their job now. No one trains, they ship new drivers off to Integrad and when they come back tell them to follow a line. Then read the telematics numbers and tell them what they need to do better. Can reduce our On Cars from 5 to 1 or 0. Center managers can do it, they sit behind the desk staring at the computer all day anyways or on conference calls bs-ing their way through the day.

PT Car Washer

I am far from being the oldest Union member in my building. Probably at least a dozen members over 65 both PT and FT.