Raise for drivers 118,000 USA drivers?

TeltBender

Irrelevant sir,,,but what side are you on. Too many people, including you, think we are very well compensated. 4 years ago I would have kind of agreed, maybe 10% underpaid. In the post Covid world, our pay is a joke….especially when you factor in 1) the profits our work produces 2) the environment in which we work and 3) the nasty inflation Biden has caused/ failed to reign in. The shareholders got a 50% raise. I think anything less, over 5 years would be an insult. For the sake of clarity and full disclosure to previous statement….I say a 50% raise meaning out total benefit package…..hourly rate + health +pension contributions. Please don’t cheat yourself out of the pay you deserve. You work too hard for your money and your hard work enables Carol Tome to live like a queen. I am cool with that. I believe in capitalism. But those of us who live in major Metro areas know what a joke our pay is. Maybe Market rate adjustments should apply to all FT, PT for large metro areas.
50% raise, you must be smoking fentanyl. UPS exists to turn a profit for its shareholder, not to be your daddy. Just because the there is a high profit from what you produce doesn’t mean you deserve $100 an hour. Your job can be done by a freaking high school drop out

TeltBender

I always hate the argument of needing more FT opportunities. There were more opportunities over the last few years than ever before, they just want easy inside FT jobs. I understand a very select few cannot go driving, but for most of them, :censored2: you, these are the jobs available, and there were plenty of them for a while.
Give us a reason why the company should not create more FT inside jobs? You just sound like a jealous old man who wishes they were inside.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
8:00 AM start for drivers would solve everything

🤬 the money , i shouldn’t have to cut my grass in the dark all summer .

🧔‍♂️✊

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
$40 an HOUR IS CHUMP CHANGE!!!!

I have boxes with pictures of forklifts on them.

PAY UP UPS OR WE WILL DEMAND UNION HELP WITH EVERY OVERWEIGHT MOVING FORWARD
🧔‍♂️✊

oldngray

nowhere special
8:00 AM start for drivers would solve everything

🤬 the money , i shouldn’t have to cut my grass in the dark all summer .

🧔‍♂️✊
93422.jpg

AMC79

Not sure what UPS gross profit last year was, but there is 118,000 USA drivers. Just drivers alone with a 40,000 dollar increase for each driver in a year that would cost UPS 4.7 billion dollars, which I'm sure they profit close to triple that. What are they doing with all the profit? We need to get paid, that's for sure. If I'm way off, clown all you want.
How $100K/yr to drive a van around considered not good pay? Sure you should get increases that match the high inflation but not more than that. Pay is already very good plus a great pension plan. Nothing to complain about as far as pay. If you are going to complain then complain about too much forced overtime, no A/C in the vans, but not the pay.