Raise in new contract

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
The company steps over $20 to pick up nickels

Smart move would be to upgrade everybody’s pension and associated healthcare. Replace the busted up old timers with younger new hires to start feeding the kitty again, expect the 4 year progression to stay if that happens.

Someone with better math skills explain how that would translate to what our raises would need to be to keep up
I just took what I was making at the start of 2021 and increased it by inflation rates over the last three years. I'm about $4.50/hr short of keeping up, so that's the starting point of renewing buying power.

DOK

I just took what I was making at the start of 2021 and increased it by inflation rates over the last three years. I'm about $4.50/hr short of keeping up, so that's the starting point of renewing buying power.
Wonder if the union realizes this. We get a $5-6 dollar raise over the entire contract and we’ll never catch up. A nice, larger, catch-up raise upon signing of the contract would be nice.

Wonder if the union realizes this. We get a $5-6 dollar raise over the entire contract and we’ll never catch up. A nice, larger, catch-up raise upon signing of the contract would be nice.
I think they'll be a bigger raise for the part-timers than the full-timers.

Yes we lost some purchasing power over the last couple years but compared to many other people sometimes we forget what we have

Not a chance we see anywhere near that. PTers are prob gonna get a big bump like that, but I'm guessing we see $6 over the course of the (presumed five year) contract at best. Most likely around $5 seems more realistic.

Would be pretty cool though.

Thebrownblob

I hope so I like to buy a new vehicle next year
1683937345826.jpeg

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
We need a $10 raise, $5 up front. 5 years. That would equal just under 24% total over the life of contract. Many other teamsters have recently negotiated between 25-35% in recent contracts. Remember the management was just awarded huge raises, with supervisors receiving 15% and it just climbs from there with managers and higher. We all work hard. Don't sell yourself short. Ever!!