Raise in new contract

textat3

I would be very happy with something like 2-3 dollars a year plus a matching 401k contribution. This isn’t 2019 anymore. We need to be compensated fairly, based on the current economic conditions. The standard set in previous contracts would make a McDonalds worker scoff in 2023.

ManInBrown

I would be very happy with something like 2-3 dollars a year plus a matching 401k contribution. This isn’t 2019 anymore. We need to be compensated fairly, based on the current economic conditions. The standard set in previous contracts would make a McDonalds worker scoff in 2023.
They’ll never do a 401k match. We make too much in their eyes and we get a pension. $2-$3 a year raise is fantasyland, and IMO raises for FTers are one of the least important issues on the table. Do we deserve one and will we get a yearly raise? Yes. Probably somewhere in the neighborhood of the last contract. $1 per year. There are many other issues more important than a yearly raise. PVD’s, subcontracting in feeders, cameras just to name a few.

PT Car Washer

They’ll never do a 401k match. We make too much in their eyes and we get a pension. $2-$3 a year raise is fantasyland, and IMO raises for FTers are one of the least important issues on the table. Do we deserve one and will we get a yearly raise? Yes. But there are many other important issues. PVD’s, subcontracting in feeders, cameras just to name a few.
Don't forget those air conditioned package cars.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
IMO raises for FTers are one of the least important issues on the table. Do we deserve one and will we get a yearly raise? Yes. Probably somewhere in the neighborhood of the last contract. $1 per year. There are many other issues more important than a yearly raise. PVD’s, subcontracting in feeders, cameras just to name a few.
So Hoffa's crappy contract allows them to subcontract our work and oversupervise us with cameras, then with the next contract we accept lowball raises in exchange for a slight rollback of the things they never should have been doing in the first place.

How bout no.

ManInBrown

So Hoffa's crappy contract allows them to subcontract our work and oversupervise us with cameras, then with the next contract we accept lowball raises in exchange for a slight rollback of the things they never should have been doing in the first place.

How bout no.
I agree with you, but I think that’s what’s going to end up happening.

DOK

Seeing the companies profits over the last few years it’s hard to argue we need raises like this. A lot of that profit goes away along with the 22.4’s and PVD’s.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Not an unreasonable assumption given the way things went last time.

Sean has been talking big though so people expect a lot I think. Plus there's no forcing it on us this time.

The “bar” was set so low by the previous administrations..any improvements will be claimed as a big victory.

textat3

They’ll never do a 401k match. We make too much in their eyes and we get a pension. $2-$3 a year raise is fantasyland, and IMO raises for FTers are one of the least important issues on the table. Do we deserve one and will we get a yearly raise? Yes. Probably somewhere in the neighborhood of the last contract. $1 per year. There are many other issues more important than a yearly raise. PVD’s, subcontracting in feeders, cameras just to name a few.
i feel you man….but you have a pre 2019 mindset

Thebrownblob

Not an unreasonable assumption given the way things went last time.

Sean has been talking big though so people expect a lot I think. Plus there's no forcing it on us this time.
Perhaps, and perhaps not, read section XII in the constitution, quite a bit of wiggle room for the president. We shall see.
1683993258415.png

Pickles

19% over 5 years and 2 year progression is my proposal.

ARTICLE 41. FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES

Section 1. Full-time

Wage Increases

All full-time employees who have attained seniority as of August 1, 2023 will receive the following general wage increases for each contract year. The total wage increase for the year will be as follows:

2023 - $2.00

2024 - $2.00

2025 - $1.50

2026 - $1.50

2027 - $1.00

(Approximately 19% over 5 years)

(c) The progression for employees entering a package car driving, feeder or other full-time job (other than an air driver, Article 43 jobs or a job covered by Sections 3, 4 or 6 below) after August 1, 2023 shall be as follows:

Start

$32.00

Twelve (12) months

$36.00

Twenty-four (24) months

Top Rate

Part-time employees on the payroll as of July 31, 2023 who subsequently are promoted to full-time employment under this paragraph will be red circled until such time as the calculated progression rate exceeds that rate.