Raise in new contract

textat3

this is not a cost neutral contract….100k might sound like a low to folks living in a podunk town but on the east coast it is a joke.

textat3

welders in local 602 in dc are making 50+ an hour, security guards 40-50 dealership mechanics 60-70 per hour etc…100k is a joke….a nice new truck is 60-80

ManInBrown

this is not a cost neutral contract….100k might sound like a low to folks living in a podunk town but on the east coast it is a joke.
Bingo. People on this forum that live in cheap cost of living states have no clue. Where I am $100k is a joke. I’d love to make what I make living in Mississippi or Oklahoma.

kforte36

Not an unreasonable assumption given the way things went last time.

Sean has been talking big though so people expect a lot I think. Plus there's no forcing it on us this time.
As long as he follows through on his word and does not give the company any concessions, the likelihood of a strike is very high.

textat3

Bingo. People on this forum that live in cheap cost of living states have no clue. Where I am $100k is a joke. I’d love to make what I make living in Mississippi or Oklahoma.
I know a kid 22 selling cars at a Toyota dealership…..first real job…..making 150k a year.

100%

This contract has many many issues that need to be sorted out. That aside, how much of raise will make you satisfied? Broken down by year. Typically the raises are the highest during the last couple of years of the contract, not sure that’s going to fly this time around. Thoughts?
Whatever gets us over $50/hr the quickest.

Pullman Brown

They’ll never do a 401k match. We make too much in their eyes and we get a pension. $2-$3 a year raise is fantasyland, and IMO raises for FTers are one of the least important issues on the table. Do we deserve one and will we get a yearly raise? Yes. Probably somewhere in the neighborhood of the last contract. $1 per year. There are many other issues more important than a yearly raise. PVD’s, subcontracting in feeders, cameras just to name a few.

In my building, if that’s what the yearly wage raises are it will never get a yes vote.

textat3

$50 an hour is prolly in the early range of what I would call fair for the work we do, the work environment we do it and, the the profits our work produces. As far as I am concerned they can forget about the AC. I am all about self awareness and personal responsibility. Along with that, vote out bonus 100%….stop the runners. I would love to know how many heat episodes are experienced by the runners vs the “POS” drivers who works safe, takes lunch/breaks as needed and aren’t afraid to call in for help or just bring a route back.

Thebrownblob

$50 an hour is prolly in the early range of what I would call fair for the work we do, the work environment we do it and, the the profits our work produces. As far as I am concerned they can forget about the AC. I am all about self awareness and personal responsibility. Along with that, vote out bonus 100%….stop the runners. I would love to know how many heat episodes are experienced by the runners vs the “POS” drivers who works safe, takes lunch/breaks as needed and aren’t afraid to call in for help or just bring a route back.
Unfortunately we’re not getting air-conditioning, nor are we getting $50 an hour at least not until the very end of this contract possibly. But it sounds like they’ll have a cooling vest for you if you want it lol.

PT Car Washer

Most of our bonus drivers are off the clock before the late afternoon heat sets in. I wish I could work 9 AM to 4 PM and get paid for 9 hours including an hour of OT.

some1else

Banned
I haven’t heard any number talked about for drivers. But I’m going to guess after everything checks out we’re going to get our standard 2 to 4% raise every year
Which with current inflations is a ~6% pay cut every year not a raise. When you end up with less it’s a cut not an increase.