Raise time.

What are you going to do with your raise?

• Put in 401k

Votes: 23 62.2%
  • Spend it.

Votes: 14 37.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Already have my 401k at 20%, sole provider, wife and two kids, one heading to college in 2 years paid for. I know bad :censored2: happens, but to not leave here in 30 years with a fat stack in 401k is just irresponsible.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
That's fantastic!
Good job.
I've had bad times to the point of having credit cards go into collections, lived in a :censored2:hole apt with the same two kids as babies, car repoed, utilities shut off, and medical bills. I climbed out of that solo with no help from anyone. I vowed I'd never live like that again or allow a single incident to cause me to go back there that I could control. I work my ass off here and make every dollar stretch as far as I can, to the point I need my wife to pull me back from hording money. I WILL NOT allow myself to be at the whim of some self righteous manager who thinks he can use someone's financial situation to his benefit in scaring him with his job. I WILL NOT feel like I can't sit out for months and go backwards because I injured myself. I WILL NOT let financial difficulties keep me from supporting our brotherhood if a strike were needed.

I WILL have financial independence and hopefully pass some of that freedom to my children so they can feel the same way and allow them to have choices that they otherwise wouldn't

I've had bad times to the point of having credit cards go into collections, lived in a :censored2:hole apt with the same two kids as babies, car repoed, utilities shut off, and medical bills. I climbed out of that solo with no help from anyone. I vowed I'd never live like that again or allow a single incident to cause me to go back there that I could control. I work my ass off here and make every dollar stretch as far as I can, to the point I need my wife to pull me back from hording money. I WILL NOT allow myself to be at the whim of some self righteous manager who thinks he can use someone's financial situation to his benefit in scaring him with his job. I WILL NOT feel like I can't sit out for months and go backwards because I injured myself. I WILL NOT let financial difficulties keep me from supporting our brotherhood if a strike were needed.

I WILL have financial independence and hopefully pass some of that freedom to my children so they can feel the same way and allow them to have choices that they otherwise wouldn't
Unfortunately too many of our coworkers don't share that way of thinking.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
image.jpg
You are pathetic

JL 0513

Depends on the local. Lets say your local has 10 agents, and they match the UPS benny package. On August 1, your local needs to come up with an additional $40 per week per agent. That's $40 X 52 X 10 = $20,800. If they also match the raise of .70 @ 40 hrs we have .70 x 40 x 52 x 10= $14,560. That's $35,000 more than they spent last year. Along with those 10 agents they also have clerical staff, replicating these numbers. Plus utility bills, repairs, building maintenance, purchasing contracts, etc.
It adds up.

And $0 goes to Democrat campaigns.....

Yeah, OK:laugh: