Raises coming October 1st

vantexan

It's great in comparison to what they were doing. You think they're going to give something much closer to UPS?
And there aren't that many companies that big. Check out job listings. It's better than most if you don't have a degree or specialized training.

MAKAVELI

It's great in comparison to what they were doing. You think they're going to give something much closer to UPS?
Of course not. But to think a ten step plan is so great is hilarious. They are a victim of their own doing. They claim to be the best in the industry and the best to invest in. Now it's time to pay those that make that possible.

MAKAVELI

And there aren't that many companies that big. Check out job listings. It's better than most if you don't have a degree or specialized training.
It's better than McDonald's, I'll give you that. The economy has improved and opportunities are better, Thank you Obama. The truth is FedEx is no longer a leader in middle class job opportunities it was 20 years ago. The public has caught onto this and there simply isn't quality workers knocking down the door to get in anymore . They can and need to do better to attract the quality employees to make this company and equal to or greater than UPS.

vantexan

Of course not. But to think a ten step plan is so great is hilarious. They are a victim of their own doing. They claim to be the best in the industry and the best to invest in. Now it's time to pay those that make that possible.
Who's saying it great? It is compared to what they were doing, but obviously a timeline like UPS has would be much better. But best to invest in means they hold down costs to produce more profit. If you want better money then get the skills that a company will pay you for. FedEx has simplified the job to the point they can plug just about anyone into it. Totally different job when we had more boxes, more paperwork, no printer, no cellular connected minicomputer with word prompts not numbers, had to look up info in SRG, had to deal with HAZ. There's no way the job today should get anything near UPS pay but it should top out faster. Considering their record employees are lucky they are getting this much.

vantexan

It's better than McDonald's, I'll give you that. The economy has improved and opportunities are better, Thank you Obama. The truth is FedEx is no longer a leader in middle class job opportunities it was 20 years ago. The public has caught onto this and there simply isn't quality workers knocking down the door to get in anymore . They can and need to do better to attract the quality employees to make this company and equal to or greater than UPS.
If opportunities are better then why aren't you seeking them out? The harsh reality is if you don't have the skills people will pay you for you'll have to settle for less or work two jobs. No one is giving it away. My wife just started for a company that pays her $14hr. They bumped it up from $13 because she had experience in that kind of work. They've got 650 employees. Know how they keep them happy? Fresh fruit every day, and a meal every so often. Had a cookout Friday with the biggest hotdogs I've ever seen plus a great pasta salad. Quality food. Had so much they encouraged everyone to take some home. Doesn't pay the bills like higher pay but they have little turnover. These days about all you can hope for is that a company will treat you like they care. Too many of them, FedEx included, only care about the profit and stock price.

Oldfart

UPS can't even get enough people these days despite their higher pay. The guys I talk to say their loaders quit before they have been there long enough to drive a package car. No idea what their hub guys make but they don't want to tough it out for the the time required to eventually drive.

McFeely

Huge Member
UPS can't even get enough people these days despite their higher pay.

I'm not sure what it's like across the country for other UPS drivers, but the 3 that I see on my route regularly work 12+ hour days and work far harder than me (read: bigger, heavier crap).

More pay is great and all, but working that hard for that many hours a week is back-breaking. I cannot imagine how tired they feel at the end of the week. I sure wish I had better pay, but I'll keep my sanity and my work/life balance.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I'm not sure what it's like across the country for other UPS drivers, but the 3 that I see on my route regularly work 12+ hour days and work far harder than me (read: bigger, heavier crap).

More pay is great and all, but working that hard for that many hours a week is back-breaking. I cannot imagine how tired they feel at the end of the week. I sure wish I had better pay, but I'll keep my sanity and my work/life balance.
You will hear very few UPS drivers complain about their pay and benefits but you'll hear many complain about their work/life balance.

Oldfart

The guys in my area don't even clock in until 9am. They work till 9 or 9:30 pm sometimes. Where is your free time? While I work 12 sometimes, I am still off in time to do something after work. I am trying to cut back on the OT but with peak coming up, I don't see that happening.

Schweddy

Balls
The guys in my area don't even clock in until 9am. They work till 9 or 9:30 pm sometimes. Where is your free time? While I work 12 sometimes, I am still off in time to do something after work. I am trying to cut back on the OT but with peak coming up, I don't see that happening.

WDFD

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I'm sure that 45,000 includes management and staff workers. They have a national contract. Sorry bro it's not just a few buildings.
Sorry their website says 6000 employees. I am in Wisconsin and all dhl drivers here are contractors just like fedex ground. The drivers in Chicago are union.

!Retired!

You will hear very few UPS drivers complain about their pay and benefits but you'll hear many complain about their work/life balance.
I've talked to quite a few UPS drivers. They tell me how they don't get to see their sons/daughters after school stuff.....plays, swimming, football, etc. I've also known a couple who's marriage went downhill because of their hours. I may not make the money they make or have the same benefits, but I would not trade with them unless I was single. And even then, I would have to think about it.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I've talked to quite a few UPS drivers. They tell me how they don't get to see their sons/daughters after school stuff.....plays, swimming, football, etc. I've also known a couple who's marriage went downhill because of their hours. I may not make the money they make or have the same benefits, but I would not trade with them unless I was single. And even then, I would have to think about it.
Lol. Because of the route I'm on, I'm kind of in the same boat as them....without the excellent pay and benefits. I wonder every day how I ended up with such a good, responsible kid. If she wasn't the way she is, I'd be seriously stressing everyday worrying about her. Sometimes I don't get home until 8 or 9.