Raises for hourly employees defered till October.

overflowed

I don't think they were referring to paid breaks stfxg but meal breaks. Believe me we all know the difference. Express has but a thousand rules but breaks are one that can't be ignored.

MAKAVELI

I don't think they were referring to paid breaks stfxg but meal breaks. Believe me we all know the difference. Express has but a thousand rules but breaks are one that can't be ignored.

Was told several times if we have a break violation FedEx would be fined $1000 each occurrence and will have to pay courier a 1 extra hour. I guess after all the lawsuits over the years they finally learned that one.

overflowed

Was told several times if we have a break violation FedEx would be fined $1000 each occurrence and will have to pay courier a 1 extra hour. I guess after all the lawsuits over the years they finally learned that one.

only when it costs them money do they actually try to fix something.

MAKAVELI

Meal breaks are not federally required, paid or unpaid. Some states require them.

Almost all states have some sort of meal break requirement. To me you are just arguing semantics. Ground is the only one in the industry that pays by salary, no overtime, and no meal breaks. These are standards in this industry. You really have no valid argument as to why you don't apply these standards to your drivers.

STFXG

Meal breaks are not federally required, paid or unpaid. Some states require them.

Almost all states have some sort of meal break requirement. To me you are just arguing semantics. Ground is the only one in the industry that pays by salary, no overtime, and no meal breaks. These are standards in this industry. You really have no valid argument as to why you don't apply these standards to your drivers.

Wrong again. 21 states.

http://www.dol.gov/whd/state/meal.htm

Should we just assume everything you say is bs?

What makes you think my drivers don't get breaks? You are assuming things based on me providing you with information. And you CONTINUALLY spew false information. Google is your friend! Try it.

MAKAVELI

Wrong again. 21 states.

What makes you think my drivers don't get breaks? You are assuming things based on me providing you with information. And you CONTINUALLY spew false information. Google is your friend! Try it.

You pay a salary and no ot but want us to believe you give your drivers breaks. Yea, right.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Was told several times if we have a break violation FedEx would be fined $1000 each occurrence and will have to pay courier a 1 extra hour.
This sounds to me like it's probably just more FedEx horse crap (unless your state has some specific mandate)

STFXG

Wrong again. 21 states.

You pay a salary and no ot but want us to believe you give your drivers breaks. Yea, right.

You should just try to think of a new witty screen name and start over on this forum. You've lost every ounce of credibility with your ridiculous posts in this thread.

MAKAVELI

Wrong again. 21 states.

You should just try to think of a new witty screen name and start over on this forum. You've lost every ounce of credibility with your ridiculous posts in this thread.

You should go back to find more ways to exploit your drivers. It really doesn't matter if I'm wrong on a few facts but you just keep making yourself look worse. I guess you feel so proud that you can exploit your workers and make a profit good for you buddy.

overflowed

My drivers may as well take a break otherwise they are just going to sit around waiting on pickups.

I have never seen a fedex ground driver sitting idle, ever. 98% are literally running all day every time I see them. The times I do see a ground driver taking what looks like a break I know them and they are contractors.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I have never seen a fedex ground driver sitting idle, ever. 98% are literally running all day every time I see them. The times I do see a ground driver taking what looks like a break I know them and they are contractors.

They are running around in circles, trying to find the next stop.

bbsam

Staff member

I thought about this all week. I was running a route for a driver on vacation. I'd stop and grab a sandwich and go, but never stop for an hour. I finished every day in about nine hours. I could have taken an hour, but why? I just wanted to finish and go home. I suspect my drivers are of the same mindset.

MAKAVELI

I thought about this all week. I was running a route for a driver on vacation. I'd stop and grab a sandwich and go, but never stop for an hour. I finished every day in about nine hours. I could have taken an hour, but why? I just wanted to finish and go home. I suspect my drivers are of the same mindset.

If you don't pay overtime I would suspect that's why. Nine hours on road for us would be 10 to 11 hours paid.

MAKAVELI

Your lunch is paid?
No it is not, but is required. Something you ground contractors skate around. Even if it isn't required in every state which it is in mine, ground neither requires or provides a meal break. Going nine hours on road and probably another hour for functions at your station with no break is asking for accident to happen. As for the overtime, if your driver knows he is not going to get paid more for being on the road longer why would he. Again these are standards in the industry that ground feels they don't have to abide by for increased profit. A very shady way of doing business to say the least.