Raises for hourly employees defered till October.

bbsam

Staff member
They sure did. They were paid hourly and overtime just like Express, UPS, and USPS.They were also union.

Incorrect on all accounts. We have a supervisor who used to drive for them. They tried to sue for overtime and got nowhere. You are getting a real reputation around here for making things up.

MAKAVELI

They sure did. They were paid hourly and overtime just like Express, UPS, and USPS.They were also union.

Incorrect on all accounts. We have a supervisor who used to drive for them. They tried to sue for overtime and got nowhere. You are getting a real reputation around here for making things up.
Just because one person sued them doesn't make it the policy for the whole company. Check your facts . Dhl express was made up of contractors and employees and a lot of the employees were teamsters. Which there still is a small group that are still union. Those union workers were paid overtime and still are buddy. You are the one with the reputation of shady business practices and and exploiting your workers. Nothing you can say changes that.

MAKAVELI

It's funny that you try and use Dhl as an example when they hardly even exist in the US much less a major player in the pkg del business in the US.

bbsam

Staff member
The only lies are the ones you keep telling yourself that it's ok to screw your employees because it provides a very comfortable lifestyle for yourself.

So even after the letter of the law was put here for you, even now you still insist that the drivers are required to have a lunch break? You will continue to insist on the truth of your lie?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

DHL around these parts is union. They get both OT and are paid hourly. They may be set-up like the old Airborne, where some terminals were union and some were contractors.

MAKAVELI

The only lies are the ones you keep telling yourself that it's ok to screw your employees because it provides a very comfortable lifestyle for yourself.

So even after the letter of the law was put here for you, even now you still insist that the drivers are required to have a lunch break? You will continue to insist on the truth of your lie?

Go back and read my posts bro. I admitted that I was wrong about everyone being required to take a meal break. BTW it takes a big person to admit when they are wrong. But if your state requires a meal break, you better be following the law to a t or you could be sued . If you don't believe me just look at how many lawsuits have been brought against FedEx over the last 10 years and almost all of them they had settled instead of fighting. My point is it shouldn't matter wether you are required to or not. A break benefits the driver and you. But like I said you are only concerned about your bottom line and will do anything to increase it even if it is to the detriment of your employee. All your posts do is expose at what lengths you'll go to skirt around what's ethical and legal. You better hope your drivers don't know about this site or they might just see how their employer really screws them.

bbsam

Staff member
Go back and read my posts bro. I admitted that I was wrong about everyone being required to take a meal break. BTW it takes a big person to admit when they are wrong. But if your state requires a meal break, you better be following the law to a t or you could be sued . If you don't believe me just look at how many lawsuits have been brought against FedEx over the last 10 years and almost all of them they had settled instead of fighting. My point is it shouldn't matter wether you are required to or not. A break benefits the driver and you. But like I said you are only concerned about your bottom line and will do anything to increase it even if it is to the detriment of your employee. All your posts do is expose at what lengths you'll go to skirt around what's ethical and legal. You better hope your drivers don't know about this site or they might just see how their employer really screws them.
The link I posted was Illinois state law. And my posting here is not a secret at our station.

MAKAVELI

The link I posted was Illinois state law. And my posting here is not a secret at our station.

Then it's only a matter of time before it bites you in the ass.

overflowed

I thought about this all week. I was running a route for a driver on vacation. I'd stop and grab a sandwich and go, but never stop for an hour. I finished every day in about nine hours. I could have taken an hour, but why? I just wanted to finish and go home. I suspect my drivers are of the same mindset.

In this I agree. If I was paid a flat rate. In other words, if I were to make the same amount as I do now I would rather not take it. But if it is what the ground drivers tell me they make no thanks.