Ramp Security

was at the ramp tonight and there were security dogs sniffing all the packages in my truck and everyone else's. It was pretty crowded and I had to stop every so often after unloading the truck so the dog could smell further and further throughout the truck.. I think they said tonight was the first night they were doing this but not sure because I haven't been down there in a week or so.. Is this happening at every ramp? Or just mine? I don't really mind it I'm just curious, I think there doing it possibly because terrorism or drugs.. kind of interesting..

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
No biggee. I've seen the cops at the ramp before. We even had the cops at our sta. for a little while with a dog. They're looking for drugs, they must have gotten a tip.

They're also sniffing for explosives. We had a driver whose truck the dog found something in...but it was just a box shipped from a place that ships pork products.

could be. happens to be the same shipper who shipped undeclared DG a few months ago...they had no clue spray paint was DG...until it exploded in one of our trucks and we had to send in a spill report

SmithBarney

Haven't seen them in a while, but from time to time we have the local PD and dogs come sniff out a few packages, then they take them to the MGR and then they go play "fedex guy" and arrest someone. Not sure how they know whats coming but they usually know exactly what they are looking for ahead of time.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Haven't seen them in a while, but from time to time we have the local PD and dogs come sniff out a few packages, then they take them to the MGR and then they go play "fedex guy" and arrest someone. Not sure how they know whats coming but they usually know exactly what they are looking for ahead of time.

It's pretty easy to spot a drug package once you've seen a few.

MAKAVELI

I'm guessing it's brown with some tape on it? Maybe one of those white boxes with FedEx on it?
Believe or not it is more times than not a white FedEx box. I guess these drug dealers figure those boxes are less likely to be searched.