Ready to Strike?

Trucker Clock

Just an ordinary employee here checking in on the last ten years of profits.

And we've done pretty decent over the last 10 years. Raises, pension improvements, health and welfare improvements, 9.5 protection, etc. Minus the 22.4 language. But that was a Union proposal.

Just saying we can't expect to base the next 5 year contract on 1 year of exceptional profits. But should we get a part of that $12.9 billion? Hell yeah. Just like the shareholders got a portion.

PT Car Washer

And we've done pretty decent over the last 10 years. Raises, pension improvements, health and welfare improvements, 9.5 protection, etc. Minus the 22.4 language. But that was a Union proposal.

Just saying we can't expect to base the next 5 year contract on 1 year of exceptional profits. But should we get a part of that $12.9 billion? Hell yeah. Just like the shareholders got a portion.
Talking points on last Fridays conference call? Stay in the Partners Forum.

2Down2Many2Go

To be honest we haven't done pretty decent on the raises, and no disrespect but you do come off as a supervisor/company man. And someone I work with......talking about killing the golden goose smh. When wages have been going up across the board .

Wages have increased in every job sector.

100%

I agree. But, the post I responded to, and he says it is very reasonable, wanted the PT rate to go up $10/hr, the FT rate to go up $10/hr, (just to start, and then raises from there), the pensions to go up 25% and full benefits for retirees. There is not enough money for all this.

Just off the top of my head, looking around $15 billion just for the first contract year.
Yea that’s called a catch-up raise, it’s to catch-up with what we given away EVERY FREAKING CONTRACT!

100%

Recession.
Not a great bargaining position.
UPS has no bargaining position. Recession means nothing bc UPS never lost money in a quarter during the Global Financial Crisis. They never reported a loss. You think UPS wants to shut down during a slow down? What happens after a recession? Spikes up, we know that, so don’t play mind games. Pay up!

100%

Nope. I'm just here to get what we can get without killing the Golden Goose. Yes, we deserve more per hour. But we need to get that without bankrupting the Company or forcing them to call our strike bluff and let us walk.
You’re fear-mongering. No one is killing a golden goose, we’re gonna make sure the goose hatches our golden egg. Pay up or we walk.

100%

Is it about $30BILLION they have profited in this contract already? That’s after paying us.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
You’re fear-mongering. No one is killing a golden goose, we’re gonna make sure the goose hatches our golden egg. Pay up or we walk.

Kind of funny how Corporate mimics the recent FedEx decisions, with two exceptions... market share and profits.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

No sure yet if @Trucker Clock is (Union Free)...he joined in 2018 just before the last contract. Has not posted much till recently.

Spreading a lot if misinformation currently. I will break it down:

a. His remarks about our wage, pension and health and welfare improvements over the last 10 years does not apply to a vast majority of our membership.

b. Those 22.4 jobs might of been the second proposal in order to create more full time positions, I believe that the first one had to do with creating two person irregular drivers that delivered the increasing over 70’s. It was a major concession and the final vote and aftermath is clear proof.

c. (1) year if exceptional growth... What planet where you on?

Trucker Clock

To be honest we haven't done pretty decent on the raises

Really? We're now making over $100K to deliver boxes. Yes, it can be physical and stressful, but you don't even need a high school diploma. We were doing fairly well until this inflation hit.

and no disrespect but you do come off as a supervisor/company man.

I'm just being realistic. My livelihood depends on UPS. I need them to survive for me to survive. I already posted one of my paychecks.

Trucker Clock

Nope. I'm just being realistic. You want all of UPS profits over the past 5 years to go to you. They will let you walk.

qdg2

Nope. I'm just being realistic. You want all of UPS profits over the past 5 years to go to you. They will let you walk.
Curious......

At what cost?

As you seem to know much or at least comment on much with the confidence of some inside knowledge......

BTW, he didn't say he wanted all the profits.

We are still paying for the 97 strike(yes we are).

You submit the company can and will survive any work stoppage and the consequences?

I submit UPS has a war plan.....how many losses$$$$$ will we take? How much damage to their brand and market share.

Trucker Clock

Spreading a lot if misinformation currently. I will break it down:

Just the facts.

a. His remarks about our wage, pension and health and welfare improvements over the last 10 years does not apply to a vast majority of our membership.

Really? You haven't got raises and increased contributions to your pension, health and welfare?

You said it backward. The last 10 years applies to the vast majority of our membership.

b. Those 22.4 jobs might of been the second proposal in order to create more full time positions, I believe that the first one had to do with creating two person irregular drivers that delivered the increasing over 70’s. It was a major concession and the final vote and aftermath is clear proof.

Those 22.4 jobs were not created in order to create more full time jobs. Those jobs were created to alleviate the excess hours that the vast majority of drivers were complaining about, including eliminating the sixth punch to deliver the weekend work.

c. (1) year if exceptional growth... What planet where you on?

Steady growth over the past 10 years. About the same yearly profit of $4-$5 billion, with the exception of 1 stellar year.

UPS Revenue.jpg

Trucker Clock

Curious......

At what cost?

What he wants will bankrupt the Company, or drive them right out of business due to having to raise rates so high. We are more expensive than everyone else, because of our service. Well, our service is going down the drain. We don't have service to offer anymore. shippers might as well save money and ship with someone else.

As you seem to know much or at least comment on much with the confidence of some inside knowledge......

Just takes some research. Most things are out there. There is something called the internet today.

BTW, he didn't say he wanted all the profits.

Yes he did. Look and his proposals and add up the money.

We are still paying for the 97 strike(yes we are).

That is still on the back of the minds of our customers. Can we afford another strike? Well, the top 75% in seniority can. What about the bottom 25%

You submit the company can and will survive any work stoppage and the consequences?

He wants to bankrupt the Company. Whether they go bankrupt or let us walk and try to save the Company, either one is a huge gamble.

I submit UPS has a war plan.....how many losses$$$$$ will we take? How much damage to their brand and market share.

If they go bankrupt, there is no chance. If they let us walk, there is a slight chance they could survive long term. Not the Company they are now, but at least a Company still in business.

Am I fear mongering? I can list all the Companies that were too big to go out of business that did go out of business.

Yes, we need raises and better 9.5 and sixth punch protection. But the raises need to be on par with the Company's profits.