Ready to Strike?

What he wants will bankrupt the Company, or drive them right out of business due to having to raise rates so high. We are more expensive than everyone else, because of our service. Well, our service is going down the drain. We don't have service to offer anymore. shippers might as well save money and ship with someone else.
You sound just like every Ctr manager I ever had in the year leading up to contract negotiations.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Just the facts.

Really? You haven't got raises and increased contributions to your pension, health and welfare?

You said it backward. The last 10 years applies to the vast majority of our membership.

Those 22.4 jobs were not created in order to create more full time jobs. Those jobs were created to alleviate the excess hours that the vast majority of drivers were complaining about, including eliminating the sixth punch to deliver the weekend work.

Steady growth over the past 10 years. About the same yearly profit of $4-$5 billion, with the exception of 1 stellar year.

View attachment 403092

Facts are based on a need to know.

True we got the raises of 3.5 % (GWI) ... back in the 80’s the (GWI) was close to 8 %...Pension Contributions and increases depend on part of the nation you live or if you are eligible for those monetary contributions. Health and Welfare contributions are controlled by the Union affiliated administrative providers. Generally it is raised .50 cents per hour annually on straight hours 40 full time or 20 part time.

Nope I stand by my observation over the last 10 years. A vast majority of our members have not been included any any improvements. In fact it has created a two class system.

How are the new 22.4 positions working out if reducing road hours and Excessive Overtime? They were created to help feed the pension and health and welfare plans.

So you confirm my observation...profits continue over the last 10 years...except during that pandemic year when every corporate entity made a killing.

Trucker Clock

I don't have to steal anyone's work.

Yes you do.

I get extra work from the no call no show delivery drivers.

No, they don't hire anymore drivers because they know you will cover the route that day. You are stealing a FT job.

You sound just like every Ctr manager I ever had in the year leading up to contract negotiations.

Right. I never said we don't deserve a raise. Even a pretty good raise. But to give all 445,000 employees a $10 catchup raise off the bat, well, that's bankruptcy. Add to that a 25% pension increase and full benefits for retirees. That is UPS going out of business.

That's what I responded to.

Trucker Clock

True we got the raises of 3.5 % (GWI) ... back in the 80’s the (GWI) was close to 8 %...Pension Contributions and increases depend on part of the nation you live or if you are eligible for those monetary contributions. Health and Welfare contributions are controlled by the Union affiliated administrative providers. Generally it is raised .50 cents per hour annually on straight hours 40 full time or 20 part time.

So, you did get improvements over the last 10 years. Wait, you said you didn't. Now you say you did. Which is it?

Nope I stand by my observation over the last 10 years. A vast majority of our members have not been included any any improvements. In fact it has created a two class system.

Wait, you just contradicted your statement quoted above. Which is it?

So you confirm my observation...profits continue over the last 10 years...except during that pandemic year when every corporate entity made a killing.

Income went up, but so did expenses. Profits continued to remain stable. And we continued to get raises and maintained our health care coverage and pensions. You say these are not improvements?

I do agree, our raises could have been higher. That's the trouble with a 5 year contract. It's hard to see into the future. Then again, that could be a good thing.

How are the new 22.4 positions working out if reducing road hours and Excessive Overtime?

Not very good.

They were created to help feed the pension and health and welfare plans.

No they weren't. Taylor was the one that suggested these. And it was to reduce driver OT and help with Saturday delivery. This was the main driver complaint last contract. Even above the monetary issues.

Beezer

I'm ready to strike because that's exactly what UPS will make us do to get a decent contract. Been here too long and know UPS the company too well. They will 100% make us strike to get even the bare minimum of asks.

Over70irregs

Tell the world we are stacking and saving $ in anticipation. With the stock price under threat they will cave. Hold $ saving rallies. It’s not that hard. I will charge for this info next time.

DELACROIX

So, you did get improvements over the last 10 years. Wait, you said you didn't. Now you say you did. Which is it?

Wait, you just contradicted your statement quoted above. Which is it?

Income went up, but so did expenses. Profits continued to remain stable. And we continued to get raises and maintained our health care coverage and pensions. You say these are not improvements?

I do agree, our raises could have been higher. That's the trouble with a 5 year contract. It's hard to see into the future. Then again, that could be a good thing.

Not very good.

No they weren't. Taylor was the one that suggested these. And it was to reduce driver OT and help with Saturday delivery. This was the main driver complaint last contract. Even above the monetary issues.

Answer this Question: Did (all our members) under the previous contracts over the last 10 years get the same increases in GWI, Pension benefits and Healthcare improvements?

Why again is there so much disparity in our pension benefits with the same amount of service and age requirements?

Like in “97” the additional full time 22.3’s did provide some additional monetary contributions into the full timers pension trusts...It was a last ditch effort to help the failing Central States from defaulting. You don’t think that our Union negotiators were not considering that when they created those 22.4’s...that reducing excessive Overtime was a red herring ...and obviously it did not work because of the pandemic related volume increases.

Seriously what would it take to bankrupt this Company...these Contracts lately have been running 5 years. Are you saying that if the Company gives us a great contract and the Union doesn’t leave some of our members behind it will ruin this Company in less than 5 years?

You know better...

Last edited:

Trucker Clock

Are you saying that if the Company gives us a great contract and the Union doesn’t leave some of our members behind it will ruin this Company in less than 5 years?

Nope.

A great contract is realistic and possible. What would bankrupt the company is the post I responded to.

$10 catch-up raise for all, then yearly raises.
25% pension increase for all.
Full benefits for all retirees.
8 hours only for all drivers.

Trucker Clock

Answer this Question: Did (all our members) under the previous contracts over the last 10 years get the same increases in GWI, Pension benefits and Healthcare improvements?

The vast majority did, but it was probably not uniform throughout all the supplements. Some probably got better than some others.

Can’t really blame the company. That is our Union agreeing to different amounts.

Why again is there so much disparity in our pension benefits with the same amount of service and age requirements?

Again, blame our Union for that. And maybe even the Pension Trusts.

You don’t think that our Union negotiators were not considering that when they created those 22.4’s...that reducing excessive Overtime was a red herring ...and obviously it did not work because of the pandemic related volume increases.

I’m sure it was on the back of their minds. But it was not the main reason.

MostHelpNeeded

Nope.

A great contract is realistic and possible. What would bankrupt the company is the post I responded to.

$10 catch-up raise for all, then yearly raises.
25% pension increase for all.
Full benefits for all retirees.
8 hours only for all drivers.
I understand you're thinking, and I agree with you. There is asking for what's fair, and there's asking for too much.

However, something to think about with your numbers....

UPS profited 12 Billion last year, that we know. But when doing your maths, keep in mind that they took in 98 Billion in revenue.

It's not just about cutting into that profit, it's about reallocation.

Does 1 person deserve 27 million? I don't care what other CEO's make. You're telling me no one would do that job for 26 million? 25 million? 5 million?

You get the picture. How UPS chooses to allocate their money, is well.. their choice.

We just want, and deserve a bigger piece of it. After all, if it's not for the work we do, none of their jobs exist.

THAT is what our fight is about.

Trucker Clock

UPS profited 12 Billion last year, that we know. But when doing your maths, keep in mind that they took in 98 Billion in revenue.

That 98 billion and 12 billion number doesn’t matter. The number that matters is actually gross profit.

We deserve a bigger chunk of their gross profit. Pay us before you pay the stockholders.

Does 1 person deserve 27 million?

Nope.

We just want, and deserve a bigger piece of it. After all, if it's not for the work we do, none of their jobs exist.

Correct.

There is asking for what's fair, and there's asking for too much.

We’ll ask for too much and they’ll offer too little. We’ll settle on what’s fair.

But the post I have been responding to thinks that we’ll ask for way too much and then strike when we don’t get it.

Last edited:

DELACROIX

The vast majority did, but it was probably not uniform throughout all the supplements. Some probably got better than some others.

Can’t really blame the company. That is our Union agreeing to different amounts.

Again, blame our Union for that. And maybe even the Pension Trusts.

I’m sure it was on the back of their minds. But it was not the main reason.

When the Hoffa administration ratified the last Contract right after the rank and file voted it down even after UPS released a statement that they were willing to go back to the table really showed their true nature. They were scared...plain and simple, they did not believe that the members would hold the line if a strike was called. Everybody (particularly the Company) knew that Hoffa was out after the 2013 Contract and the 2015 General Election that he barely won.

Thanks....:canadfireworks:

Has it really changed or are going to be played again...have to see?

100%

Really? We're now making over $100K to deliver boxes. Yes, it can be physical and stressful, but you don't even need a high school diploma. We were doing fairly well until this inflation hit.

I'm just being realistic. My livelihood depends on UPS. I need them to survive for me to survive. I already posted one of my paychecks.
Doesn’t matter, when the company does better, bc of us, then we shall reap as well.