REALLY late freight this week

AB831

I know that late freight is as much of a part of Fat Freddy's world as hamburgers are to McDonald's, but i'm used to one to two hour delays of the freight. Since our market started the Last Mile initiative on Monday, we have had freight so late that it wasn't even delivered that day. Yesterday, we had 900 documents that didn't arrive until sometime in the evening. This morning, we had 2,500 P2 that never showed up and will receive its first attempt tomorrow. My buddy's brother works at the closest ramps, and he said that due to the way they're loading the Ground tractor trailers, the sorts at the airport have taken well over a half hour longer each day. I wonder if there is a connection somewhere, or if this is just a coincidence and a really bad week.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
This region isn't experiencing any issues. PM ramp sorts aren't any better or worse than usual and there aren't any issues of note for deferred inbound freight coming from MEMH.

DeliveryException

This week for us wasn't bad. Last week we had one day that we didn't leave the building until nearly 1100. That was a long day. That was a local weather issue though not company wide.

McFeely

Huge Member
Ours was on time pretty much all week. The biggest delay we had was maybe 10 min.
Still buried with volume/stops though. I’ll be close to 60 hours this week.

AB831

Ours was on time pretty much all week. The biggest delay we had was maybe 10 min.
Still buried with volume/stops though. I’ll be close to 60 hours this week.
That’s :censored2:ing insane. I’m back down to my 40 hours. The engineers redrew the lines and did a terrible job as always, but this time it worked in my favor.

MassWineGuy

My station has seen a lot of late freight, but nothing unmanageable. Often, it’s because the first flight reaches capacity and the rest is loaded onto a second jet.