Really thinking about quitting

Jackofnotrades

Better use your sick and option days up.

Got a health issue that may qualify for fmla? If so, if you get your work days reduced to a couple days a week theyll pay out your vacations for the other 3 days.
Maybe work one day a week on fmla and still have healthcare for a few months (about 3) while you shop around for more healthcare coverage before you quit.
You will probably have one week held back... not that you have many... to take.

Just one option...if you qualify.
You don't get sick days until your fifth year correct?

Jackofnotrades

After four years, I’m thinking about calling it quits. Running a business and working all night is taking its toll and the business is starting to suffer. Bring in $190-$220 a week is just not worth loosing the blusiness. The only thing that worries me is not having health care.

My question is. What will happen to my unused sick/vac/opt days?? Will they be paid out since they were earned or lost? Thank you

I know i know, i won’t let the door hit me on the way out lol
Try switching to unload. A bit easier to get off and it probably is an hour less then working the morning shift

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Went to H.R and the h.r girl sed that she wasn’t sure and to go speak to the shop steward. Went to speak to shop steward and he told me that he wasn’t sure and that my best bet would be to just complete the 5 years (march 2020)and use the days. That way I’ll have some kind of pension. Came on brown cafe and was told to use meth and set loose the blusiness lol

To be fair, you brought up "loosing the blusiness", I just meme-ified it. The thing is with questions like these, no one here will have the answer you are looking for without a lot more information. I can tell you that where I am, we accrue sick, vacation, and optional time. Once you accrue it, it's yours. It has to be paid out to you if you take the time off for the purpose intended, or if you quit/get fired. In the case of option days, they pay out on your anniversary if you didn't take them all in the previous year, and sick time can be cashed out if you have accrued more than 240 hours (I think, that may not be accurate, but it's close).

Telling you all that probably doesn't help though, because you are likely under a different supplement, and your state laws probably differ. So we like to have fun while trying to drop a hint about the reality of what they are asking to people who ask questions like these.

Superteeth2478

After four years, I’m thinking about calling it quits. Running a business and working all night is taking its toll and the business is starting to suffer. Bring in $190-$220 a week is just not worth loosing the blusiness. The only thing that worries me is not having health care.

My question is. What will happen to my unused sick/vac/opt days?? Will they be paid out since they were earned or lost? Thank you

I can tell you from experience that it appears that your vacation time is paid out, but that for some reason your option week time is not. It's weird, but I've seen it happen to two people that quit. Personally, I would use all of my vacation and option time to ensure that it doesn't go to waste. Better safe than sorry.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real

UPS won't take a chance with you, so termination ASP with your notice of 2 weeks !!