Recent Contract Negotiations

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So is this the fake proposal that UPS floats so that the teamsters can claim victory when we supposedly "stand our ground" meanwhile giving in to a myriad of language changes that yield 14 hr days and peak being extended etc.?
No clue. Retired driver sent me that

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
So is this the fake proposal that UPS floats so that the teamsters can claim victory when we supposedly "stand our ground" meanwhile giving in to a myriad of language changes that yield 14 hr days and peak being extended etc.?
Oh it's very real. And it's coming fast.

35years

Gravy route
Oh it's very real. And it's coming fast.
Yea right.
Now I know this is the fake proposal.

Your few years of trying to establish credibility on this forum as a "compasionate", "reasonable" management employee are supposed to pay dividends now that the contract is being negotiated... right?

Not drinking the Kool aid...Sorry.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

Yea right.
Now I know this is the fake proposal.

Your few years of trying to establish credibility on this forum as a "compasionate", "reasonable" management employee are supposed to pay dividends now that the contract is being negotiated... right?

Not drinking the Kool aid...Sorry.
You haven't read the other threads about this? Or the stuff about the app on upsers.com?

35years

Gravy route
You haven't read the other threads about this? Or the stuff about the app on upsers.com?
Not saying it does not exist.
It is just that every contract UPS floats a proposal early that obviously could never be accepted. The Union then gets to act tough by standing firm. Both sides then divert the emphasis away from the real issues. The worker is the one who looses. Happens every contract.

We have seen many supposed "reasonable" management employees on this forum try to establish credibility over the last year or two. This is exactly the strategy UPS uses prior to contract negotiations at the workplace. Suddenly managers care about you and your issues.

Frigid is the only current manager to successfully earn the trust of members of this forum. So when he is the first one to try to legitimize this unacceptable proposal I am more than suspicious of him.

I have known too many retired and ex-managers at UPS that have been candid about the manipulation strategies they are taught.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

Not saying it does not exist.
It is just that every contract UPS floats a proposal early that obviously could never be accepted. The Union then gets to act tough by standing firm. Both sides then divert the emphasis away from the real issues. The worker is the one who looses. Happens every contract.

We have seen many supposed "reasonable" management employees on this forum try to establish credibility over the last year or two. This is exactly the strategy UPS uses prior to contract negotiations at the workplace. Suddenly managers care about you and your issues.

Frigid is the only current manager to successfully earn the trust of members of this forum. So when he is the first one to try to legitimize this unacceptable proposal I am more than suspicious of him.

I have known too many retired and ex-managers at UPS that have been candid about the manipulation strategies they are taught.
This was "floated" because they want to use it in 2 months.

Take off the tin foil hat

35years

Gravy route
Yep,

And paying our own premiums last contract was something that was going to be demanded of us... right?

Every contract. Same story.

AsweetGirl

Is No Longer Affiliated With UPS
Yep,

And paying our own premiums last contract was something that was going to be demanded of us... right?

Every contract. Same story.

Oh I didn't see that in the letter, obviously I'm new. I don't get all the same information.

35years

Gravy route
So now Sean O'Brien is fired.
Right after Personal Vehicle Drivers is rejected.

Is there any connection?

Will the Teamsters now accept this proposal?

If we now get a lousy contract (including PVD) will it look like Sean was fired because he was not signing on to the idea of giving in to UPS?

35years

Gravy route
Having a group of personal vehicle drivers all trained in with a few months of experience would be nice for UPS in case of a strike now wouldn't it?

35years

Gravy route
If the company planned to use PVD drivers during a work stoppage (strike or lockout) they would have to develop an app for them to use their own phone (which they have).

Most phones don't have the capability of capturing a signature so UPS would have to stop requiring a sig at businesses, and implement the policy in advance so shippers and receivers would be used to it by strike time...which they just did.

There would also have to be routing software in place with most of the bugs worked out ahead of time for clueless PVD drivers...Not as efficient as an experienced driver, but it would need a long break-in period (Orion).

Will the Teamsters now allow PVD drivers for the peak season, prior to the contract, so they are ready to roll next August?

Of course in order to push a substandard contract, UPS would be smart to hire many new drivers (who have no clue) a year or so before the contract. We have hired as many drivers in our bldg this year as the previous 3 years combined.

clean hairy

It seems the focus is on folks delivering out of their own vehicles.
BUT, who will process all the packages, along with running a Preload to get the packages to the pvd's??