Recent Contract Negotiations

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Not here. We have been told by our local we are not gonna allow it.
you don't need them, your division is the land of milk and honey

"Couldn't" hire enough drivers...... riiiiiight.
believe it or not, there are affluent areas of the country where making +90K pushing packages is seen as a :censored2: job

that division has been hiring anyone who will walk through the door and not get into an accident since Jan, and they will still be :censored2:ed for this Peak

If it's so successful, then it proves that the methods don't work so well. And 6 stops an hour is profitable
it's not more successful than an FSP at all, but it beats several thousand missed pieces

we used PVD's last Peak very successfully in a select few divisions that would have otherwise tanked because they couldn't hire enough drivers

you can stow the paranoia guy, it's absolutely coming again in a bigger way
So how does this work? I have 450 stops, I have a helper, then I have this dude coming to grab 20 pkg from me every 2 hours?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Yet you didn't have trouble finding someone to do it in their own vehicle for less money? Mkay then.
i thought just like you, and that it would flop

completely wrong; my understanding is that most of them were taxi/uber/already-driving type people who didn't want a FT job that locked them down

i personally think that's nuts, but that is what happened and it worked

So how does this work? I have 450 stops, I have a helper, then I have this dude coming to grab 20 pkg from me every 2 hours?
no they cut the work to a shuttle on the preload, it gets dropped at a mobile pod, and they pick it up from there to deliver

when we started telling them to help drivers after the pod-work was done? most of them quit; they really really hated doing more than what was initially assigned to them

no they cut the work to a shuttle on the preload, it gets dropped at a mobile pod, and they pick it up from there to deliver

when we started telling them to help drivers after the pod-work was done? most of them quit; they really really hated doing more than what was initially assigned to them

Got it, I have 450 stops, a helper, then an extra 100 stops in the pod/TP60. So on paper 2 drivers did 600 stops.