Recent Contract Negotiations

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
It seems the focus is on folks delivering out of their own vehicles.
BUT, who will process all the packages, along with running a Preload to get the packages to the pvd's??
Automated buildings. Driverless trucks. Its happening
dfa.jpg

Non sequitur

In order to gain 45 min. the whole operations would have to change from feeder run times to airplane takeoffs. Not going to happen. Maybe 15 min.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
They tried it here too. Monday we start at 8 30 am. Rest of the week is 9 am. They just can't get the air here. I can't leave till almost 9 30. Were we are once it gets cooler. We get morning fog. Plane isn't able to land
Plus feeders are always late. Pre load is down for an hr some mornings

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Not saying it does not exist.
It is just that every contract UPS floats a proposal early that obviously could never be accepted. The Union then gets to act tough by standing firm. Both sides then divert the emphasis away from the real issues. The worker is the one who looses. Happens every contract.

We have seen many supposed "reasonable" management employees on this forum try to establish credibility over the last year or two. This is exactly the strategy UPS uses prior to contract negotiations at the workplace. Suddenly managers care about you and your issues.

Frigid is the only current manager to successfully earn the trust of members of this forum. So when he is the first one to try to legitimize this unacceptable proposal I am more than suspicious of him.

I have known too many retired and ex-managers at UPS that have been candid about the manipulation strategies they are taught.
we used PVD's last Peak very successfully in a select few divisions that would have otherwise tanked because they couldn't hire enough drivers

you can stow the paranoia guy, it's absolutely coming again in a bigger way

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
If the company planned to use PVD drivers during a work stoppage (strike or lockout) they would have to develop an app for them to use their own phone (which they have).

Most phones don't have the capability of capturing a signature so UPS would have to stop requiring a sig at businesses, and implement the policy in advance so shippers and receivers would be used to it by strike time...which they just did.

There would also have to be routing software in place with most of the bugs worked out ahead of time for clueless PVD drivers...Not as efficient as an experienced driver, but it would need a long break-in period (Orion).

Will the Teamsters now allow PVD drivers for the peak season, prior to the contract, so they are ready to roll next August?.
we have smartphones with a built in app that does all this, since last year

Over 70

70% of my body is tattooed. Been short sleevin it for decades.

At my hub no tattoos are covered. There's guys with full sleeves. Also a guy or two who seem to get away with the neatly trimmed 5 o'clock shadow look.

So when my sup says something about shining up my boots I smile, knod, and let it go one ear out the other.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
At my hub no tattoos are covered. There's guys with full sleeves. Also a guy or two who seem to get away with the neatly trimmed 5 o'clock shadow look.

So when my sup says something about shining up my boots I smile, knod, and let it go one ear out the other.
Exactly right! Or tell them:
"Image if you put the same effort into getting the air to the building on time as you do about my appearance?"

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
we used PVD's last Peak very successfully in a select few divisions that would have otherwise tanked because they couldn't hire enough drivers

Not here. We have been told by our local we are not gonna allow it.

Over 70

Exactly right! Or tell them:
"Image if you put the same effort into getting the air to the building on time as you do about my appearance?"

Agreed. My old man taught me a long time ago to just say yes, ignore whatever dumb thing management said and keep on doing what you're doing and let someone else put a target on their back even though they won't get anywhere.

If it's so successful, then it proves that the methods don't work so well. And 6 stops an hour is profitable