Recent Express Courier/DOT/Swing

I'm a swing.

Management sucks. How bad it sucks is depending on how much your local management locksteps with Memphis. If Local Mgmt apply reasonable thinking, it will be not so bad, however, if they lockstep with Memphis, ugh.

It's best to just shut your brain off and follow their instructions and let the crap fall where it falls. Do what you can and just don't have accidents. If you fail, you fail. They will make it seem like its ALL YOUR FAULT OMG YOU SUCK SO BAD... but as long as your not friend-ing off, you'll do just fine.
That’s what I figured, I really appreciate the insight and taking the time to not say something negative or give me a hard time about it. Thanks dude!

There are way worse jobs out there. I've been a swing courier for 3 years now. When I first started I was on this board and asked about working for Fedex. Everyone here is just so negitave, very whiney, and overall not very helpful at all. This job is easy and you make good money. If I would have listened to the people on here I would have never taken the job, but I'm very glad I ignored them.
Again, thank you for the insight. My manager seems to be really understanding and is down to earth, but I guess I’ll really know once I step foot in the business side of operations. Thanks guys!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
There are way worse jobs out there. I've been a swing courier for 3 years now. When I first started I was on this board and asked about working for Fedex. Everyone here is just so negitave, very whiney, and overall not very helpful at all. This job is easy and you make good money. If I would have listened to the people on here I would have never taken the job, but I'm very glad I ignored them.
Heeeyyy. I was helpful to you.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
If you don’t mind, can you go into detail about why it sucks? Is it the expectations from management, bad managers, etc? I’m obviously new and don’t know much about the inside...
I thought you said you have been lurking here on this forum 'for quite some time." Haven't you absorbed anything? There's been lots of discussions on management, piss-poor management etc. Well, that is if you can sort thru all the political crap that gets the original thread subjects hijacked.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Oh you'll get screwed eventually in some way, shape or form. You've just been bucking the odds son.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I thought you said you have been lurking here on this forum 'for quite some time." Haven't you absorbed anything? There's been lots of discussions on management, piss-poor management etc. Well, that is if you can sort thru all the political crap that gets the original thread subjects hijacked.
You left out awesome managers, like mine. :)

You left out awesome managers, like mine. :)
Yes, I have been lurking through the threads for awhile (as in like 2 months infrequently). It’s always easy to just read what others have gone through and move on but I am beginning to be a believer as I am witnessing it happen to me through my onboard information experience thus far.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Yes, I have been lurking through the threads for awhile (as in like 2 months infrequently). It’s always easy to just read what others have gone through and move on but I am beginning to be a believer as I am witnessing it happen to me through my onboard information experience thus far.
The job itself really isn’t that bad. I actually like what I do. Definitely beats some jobs. Fedex is just not as good as it used to be. But, you can’t miss what you never had.

oldngray

nowhere special
Thank you! Although there was some negativity there also. Lol.
oddball.jpg

bacha29

Oh you'll get screwed eventually in some way, shape or form. You've just been bucking the odds son.
Over the years there have been quite a number of people come on here with sordid pasts who seem to believe that we can somehow grab a scrub rag and simply wipe away their past misdeeds so they won't get in the way now that they decided to pursue a future for themselves. How come they weren't worried about it back then.?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Over the years there have been quite a number of people come on here with sordid pasts who seem to believe that we can somehow grab a scrub rag and simply wipe away their past misdeeds so they won't get in the way now that they decided to pursue a future for themselves. How come they weren't worried about it back then.?
What does that have to do with anything on this thread?

bacha29

What does that have to do with anything on this thread?
Go back to the original post. This guy is worried about his earlier misdeeds possibly preventing him from being hired. We can't do anything about it and the worst thing we can do is to try to minimize the significance of the blemishes on his record.They may or may not prevent him from getting hired and therefore offering any consolation or encouragement that would artificially raise his hopes is of no help to him.