Recent Express Courier/DOT/Swing

vantexan

And you weren't there long to qualify as having worked there because because every little event every little comment hurt your sensitive little feelings and out the door you walked in a huff. There's no way you should have been rehired.
I put almost 30 full years in and earned every penny. Consenting adult here!

bacha29

Actually, referencing printed material while driving is prohibited as well. Area knowledge and an excellent memory are necessary for success.
Now you're making sense. As you obviously know people want the same person there at the same place at the same time every day for about 30 years if possible. And you can't fault them for wanting it that way.

Go back to the original post. This guy is worried about his earlier misdeeds possibly preventing him from being hired. We can't do anything about it and the worst thing we can do is to try to minimize the significance of the blemishes on his record.They may or may not prevent him from getting hired and therefore offering any consolation or encouragement that would artificially raise his hopes is of no help to him.
Bacha you’ve got some major malfunctions man, I never once said I’m worried about getting hired or let go or whatever. All I asked was how long it should take to acquire an approval for a simple speeding ticket. You are causing more riff raff than you are contributing, once again get lost troll.

McFeely

Huge Member
Too bad it took you almost 40 to do it as a result of quitting in a huff but had to go crawling back. That had to be some kind of humiliating .

Did OF log in with bacha's credentials? Jesus, man. I may not have done things the way Van has done life, but he's out there living!

McFeely

Huge Member
Aside from the bickering (which I just contributed to lol), I dig the job.

The pay could be better, the late freight sucks, management and the amount of things they nit-pick are ridiculous.

Positives? Once I'm out of the station, I don't have to see or hear from my butthole manager for the rest of the day. I absolutely DESPISE the micromanagement at the station. When I'm on road, I run my route, wear shorts every day to work, flirt with cute receptionists, pet dogs, get free food from customers. New hires are lucky that they get a 10-step pay progression chart which hopefully will top them out in 9 years. I'm getting plenty of hours and I get a decent amount of time off.

As for the ticket 4 years ago? That seems awfully long ago for it to be an issue, unless it was a super excessive amount of speed.

bacha29

Bacha you’ve got some major malfunctions man, I never once said I’m worried about getting hired or let go or whatever. All I asked was how long it should take to acquire an approval for a simple speeding ticket. You are causing more riff raff than you are contributing, once again get lost troll.
Look at what you're saying man. By your own admission you're worried about what impact that speeding ticket could have on your chances of getting hired and your worries are clearly driven by the what would appear to be an inordinate amount of time to gain approval . It the timeline isn't worrying you then what is? If you weren't worried then you wouldn't be posting the question.

Look at what you're saying man. By your own admission you're worried about what impact that speeding ticket could have on your chances of getting hired and your worries are clearly driven by the what would appear to be an inordinate amount of time to gain approval . It the timeline isn't worrying you then what is? If you weren't worried then you wouldn't be posting the question.
I’ve noticed a trend here with FedEx. Although my station mananger wants me to start as soon as I can as mentioned in the interview and numerous times throughout this process, everything is extremely slow to my amazement. I have no criminal record yet that process took damn near a month to come back and all that was on my MVR was a 4 year old infraction. I’ve worked for Schlumberger in the oilfield, managed at Target, had a gig with crime scene/medical waste pickup operations and they have all moved so fast in the hiring and onboarding process. I have NEVER been with a company that was so....:censored2:in slow at bringing on new talent, especially in a time of need with the holidays just around the corner. I signed all my documents, received my DOT card and jumped through the hoops. Yet I have not been given any sort of time frame to work with, zero. I like to do things right, like give my current employer a two weeks notice or as much of a heads up as possible. How can I do that when no one gives me the information I need to make informative decisions, you follow me bonehead?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
As for the ticket 4 years ago? That seems awfully long ago for it to be an issue, unless it was a super excessive amount of speed

So they look that far back???? I thought it was the past 3 years for an mvr pre screen...

SmithBarney

... I have no criminal record yet that process took damn near a month to come back... and all that was on my MVR was a 4 year old infraction.

First off the back ground doesn't take a month.. it's almost overnight they can get the results.. My guess they don't want or need you yet.

Most hirings take about 1 month or more to get finalized... if you want it you'll wait.
It's FedEx's way to make sure your serious about the job.

7C0EF840-EFF7-43CD-A0EE-9376815782B2.png
First off the back ground doesn't take a month.. it's almost overnight they can get the results.. My guess they don't want or need you yet.

Most hirings take about 1 month or more to get finalized... if you want it you'll wait.
It's FedEx's way to make sure your serious about the job.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Go back to the original post. This guy is worried about his earlier misdeeds possibly preventing him from being hired. We can't do anything about it and the worst thing we can do is to try to minimize the significance of the blemishes on his record.They may or may not prevent him from getting hired and therefore offering any consolation or encouragement that would artificially raise his hopes is of no help to him.
So you admit you have no pertinent information, only rancid advice, for the OP. You're beginning to make OF sound like a calm and reasonable persona. Bum-mer.

Where is all the hostility from you eminating from all the sudden? You can’t help him as you’ve never worked at Express. Why even respond to him?
I wouldn’t call it hostility. Im a realist and don’t have respect for people who poke their nose in a perfectly good conversation just to ruin it because they feel all they have to offer is their bad attitude. I got my start date this morning and couldn’t be happier. Thanks again to the few who contributed to my situation and to the naysayers, suck it.