Recent Express Courier/DOT/Swing

Recently hired on with a local Express for a courier position and am very excited. Yeah, I have heard the trials and tribulations of Fedex and have been lurking for quite sometime. Anyway, background check finally comes back after a month and a speeding ticket from 4 years ago and the recruiter said she needs approval from her manager. How long should this take? Can anyone else chime in that has been through this? Everything seems to take way longer than it really should, I'm losing my mind bro's!!!

bacha29

Recently hired on with a local Express for a courier position and am very excited. Yeah, I have heard the trials and tribulations of Fedex and have been lurking for quite sometime. Anyway, background check finally comes back after a month and a speeding ticket from 4 years ago and the recruiter said she needs approval from her manager. How long should this take? Can anyone else chime in that has been through this? Everything seems to take way longer than it really should, I'm losing my mind bro's!!!
Losing your mind.huh? Naw, they just molested it. What you need is an all expense paid trip to the the Fedex Mind Control and Reeducation Center. A week there and you will no longer have to worry about losing your mind because you won't remember of ever having had one in the first place.

Losing your mind.huh? Naw, they just molested it. What you need is an all expense paid trip to the the Fedex Mind Control and Reeducation Center. A week there and you will no longer have to worry about losing your mind because you won't remember of ever having had one in the first place.
Very helpful...

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It ain’t that serious....

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Oh, and the only things that move quickly at FedEx are packages and terminations.

bacha29

Very helpful...
Just what the hell is it you expect from us.All you have to do is to keep in mind the two most important words in the English language.......consenting adult. You got a ticket as a consenting adult. You paid the fine as a consenting adult. You accepted the mark on your record as a consenting adult.

Geez Bacha29,

Musta had a rough childhood or something; no need for the attitude and negativity as I just asked a simple question to those who may have had some experience with this topic. I don’t recall asking about some consenting :censored2: or some big boy speech from you so GTFO.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Geez Bacha29,

Musta had a rough childhood or something; no need for the attitude and negativity as I just asked a simple question to those who may have had some experience with this topic. I don’t recall asking about some consenting :censored2: or some big boy speech from you so GTFO.
Lol. He couldn’t help you if he wanted to. He’s never worked for Express.

vantexan

Just what the hell is it you expect from us.All you have to do is to keep in mind the two most important words in the English language.......consenting adult. You got a ticket as a consenting adult. You paid the fine as a consenting adult. You accepted the mark on your record as a consenting adult.
And you never worked at Express so you aren't a consenting adult.

Star B

White Lightening
I'm a swing.

Management sucks. How bad it sucks is depending on how much your local management locksteps with Memphis. If Local Mgmt apply reasonable thinking, it will be not so bad, however, if they lockstep with Memphis, ugh.

It's best to just shut your brain off and follow their instructions and let the crap fall where it falls. Do what you can and just don't have accidents. If you fail, you fail. They will make it seem like its ALL YOUR FAULT OMG YOU SUCK SO BAD... but as long as your not friend-ing off, you'll do just fine.

BigWork13

If you don’t mind, can you go into detail about why it sucks? Is it the expectations from management, bad managers, etc? I’m obviously new and don’t know much about the inside...
There are way worse jobs out there. I've been a swing courier for 3 years now. When I first started I was on this board and asked about working for Fedex. Everyone here is just so negitave, very whiney, and overall not very helpful at all. This job is easy and you make good money. If I would have listened to the people on here I would have never taken the job, but I'm very glad I ignored them.

bacha29

And you never worked at Express so you aren't a consenting adult.
And you weren't there long to qualify as having worked there because because every little event every little comment hurt your sensitive little feelings and out the door you walked in a huff. There's no way you should have been rehired.

Oldfart

Geez Bacha29,

Under no circumstance should you follow bacha advice or listen to anything he says. Sounds like you learned that quick enough.