Recieve a phone call from shuttle driver?

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Got a call today from a random phone number as I do with most numbers I don't know I declined it. After I declined the call I texted " Who is this?" He replied saying it was a driver and delivered a package along with a picture of the package asking me to put it in my board as Front Door. I immediately called my supervisor and asked why is this guy texting me a picture of a package and asking me to sheet it when I did not deliver it. He did not say much but asked me to sheet it, now I know that this would be considered dishonest and could come back on me if their where any issues with this package. I did keep the message and sheet it my question is should I be talking to my shop steward about this or let it go? What would this be considered under the contract if this was an issue?

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

This happens all the time in my center. On the awesome occasion I get to shuttle sometimes they don’t give me a board to use so to do my coworkers a solid I’ll deliver it for them and send them a picture. If it bothers you that much have the center send you a message on the diad with instructions. Everything is documented and all responsibility falls on them.

Siveriano

So Im one of the guys who does most shuttle at our center as im in top of the seniority as a cover driver.
few days ago one of the guy who was doing shuttle with me (yes we usually have 3 guys doing shuttle) brought back some pieces and lets say that by mistake he put them on the belt so they got processed again without having a service scan.
This same driver was walked out by LP yesterday and had a meeting today were he was suspended.
Yes he did wrong by just dropping those pcs but UPS coulnt careless that this same guy was using his personal phone to call drivers.
So as of today the Union and UPS came to a middle point where shuttle drivers will need ot have Diads and are not allow to use their phones to contact drivers.
As a pain in the A i am, i cant wait untill tomorrow to do shuttle and see how nice is gonna play when i send a message requestion someone location and waiting 5 minutes for an answer then getting to such loc just to find that the driver already move.

And on cellphone, I know someone told me "When management call you, is never for something good"

Siveriano

Got a call today from a random phone number as I do with most numbers I don't know I declined it. After I declined the call I texted " Who is this?" He replied saying it was a driver and delivered a package along with a picture of the package asking me to put it in my board as Front Door. I immediately called my supervisor and asked why is this guy texting me a picture of a package and asking me to sheet it when I did not deliver it. He did not say much but asked me to sheet it, now I know that this would be considered dishonest and could come back on me if their where any issues with this package. I did keep the message and sheet it my question is should I be talking to my shop steward about this or let it go? What would this be considered under the contract if this was an issue?

Sorry forgot to answer.
YES Always tell your shop steward and ask for a message to be sent ot your diad with those instructions and who is sending the message.

Management loves to ask driver to do shady stuff and not taking responsability.

WTFm8

Shuttle drivers clock in as 'air rate' at my sort.

If you are told to deliver any packages other then air, grieve it for driver rate for the day.

Shuttle drivers call/text the RPCDs to find a meet point. If the RPCD has to wait a few minutes till the shuttle shows, they should go to 'Other Work' and punch time in for Driver Assist so the dead time doesn't count against their day.

They also like to try to call us in for 2-5hrs of shuttle but we're guaranteed 8hrs work if called under my supplement... so you grieve that as well.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
Shuttle drivers clock in as 'air rate' at my sort.

If you are told to deliver any packages other then air, grieve it for driver rate for the day.

Shuttle drivers call/text the RPCDs to find a meet point. If the RPCD has to wait a few minutes till the shuttle shows, they should go to 'Other Work' and punch time in for Driver Assist so the dead time doesn't count against their day.

They also like to try to call us in for 2-5hrs of shuttle but we're guaranteed 8hrs work if called under my supplement... so you grieve that as well.
grieve everything. Company needs to know supervisors are mostly worthless. Can this candy ass bitches. And while were at it :censored2: most stewards cuz they aint nothing but company togs.

Siveriano

At my center we are schedule as "UNPLANNED PACKAGE SHUTTLE" and we dont deliver packages at least not me, we do "help" other drivers like if they have a bulk stop or a bulk pickup we go and lend a hand but such driver must be present.

WTFm8

grieve everything. Company needs to know supervisors are mostly worthless. Can this candy ass bitches. And while were at it :censored2: most stewards cuz they aint nothing but company togs.

Another thing they like to do is have supervisors and even our building manager shuttle sometimes... mostly in their personal cehicles.

Snap a quick photo on the phone and text it with a note to a steward or 2... then file when you get back and tell any low seniority drivers to file that didn't drive the day.

vvv

DO NOT DO THAT!!

vvv

This happens all the time in my center. On the awesome occasion I get to shuttle sometimes they don’t give me a board to use so to do my coworkers a solid I’ll deliver it for them and send them a picture. If it bothers you that much have the center send you a message on the diad with instructions. Everything is documented and all responsibility falls on them.

Same for you...DO NOT DO THAT!! Who cares if you have documentation. You are helping them out and not yourself. And you all wonder why they try taking advantage of us. You LET THEM and ENABLE THEM.

File a grievance

That's BS

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I would call them out in this BS . talk to your steward
I did call him out and asked him why he was sending me a picture of a package and telling me to DR it to front door. Will talk to the union steward but he seems to content on keeping the peace unless something serious that is why I would like to know which article this would fall under for a grievance.

I did call him out and asked him why he was sending me a picture of a package and telling me to DR it to front door. Will talk to the union steward but he seems to content on keeping the peace unless something serious that is why I would like to know which article this would fall under for a grievance.
Is he an air driver or an article 22.3 driver?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So you did sheet the package as directed by your supervisor?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Why in hell are you guys responding to management or other drivers texts about work? Everything that needs to be said should be through the DIAD, and if it can’t be sent through it, then it probably shouldn’t be done.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
The :censored2:

You aren’t doing the “driver” a solid, you’re conspiring with management to falsify documents.