Refusing work

Mycow

When I was a cover driver I would spend whole summers in a different hub I kinda liked it would get paid 1 hour each way and mileage, on top of that when your done with your route they can't force you to go back and help.

542thruNthru

Cause I’ve been getting sent out for what feels like two months now and I know I’ve got a couple guys underneath me in terms of seniority so I was just wondering what I can do

A couple things.

1. There're different rules for different areas. To help we would need to know your supplement/rider.

2. I personally wouldn't care where I was as long as it was the same building and even then I might not mind.

bumped

We can deny going to another building. If you have multiple centers in the same building, the lowest seniority driver can be force to work in another center.

Atlantic supplement. I’m going about an hour away everyday which I can’t complain about cause in the end I’m doing about 13 hours a day but it’d be nice if I could bump those other guys every now and then

tourists24

Atlantic supplement. I’m going about an hour away everyday which I can’t complain about cause in the end I’m doing about 13 hours a day but it’d be nice if I could bump those other guys every now and then
I don't see any language in the Atlantic Supplement that says that you can be forced to travel to another center to work. In our center we have had people do just this, but they were laid off drivers in our center and were told that another center needed help if they wanted work for that day

KoennenTiger

They made me do this once back when I was a cover driver. I called my steward and he told me I was to work as directed, but to document when I left my house and my miles. And to tell them that I expected to be paid for that time and for the mileage.

After I told them I expected to get paid for that time they never did it again.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
They made me do this once back when I was a cover driver. I called my steward and he told me I was to work as directed, but to document when I left my house and my miles. And to tell them that I expected to be paid for that time and for the mileage.

After I told them I expected to get paid for that time they never did it again.

They tried the same with me for a few days. I wizened up and started driving a package car from our center to theirs and demanded I be paid for the round trip. Suddenly they stopped and started making a lower seniority guy do it who drives his own personal car there and skips lunch.

clean hairy

They tried the same with me for a few days. I wizened up and started driving a package car from our center to theirs and demanded I be paid for the round trip. Suddenly they stopped and started making a lower seniority guy do it who drives his own personal car there and skips lunch.
He is getting paid mileage at the IRS rate?
Contract states when an employee uses their own car in service of the Employer, they are to be paid mileage at the current IRS rate.
Also paid for the time as he is working as directed to drive to another facility?

I don't see any language in the Atlantic Supplement that says that you can be forced to travel to another center to work. In our center we have had people do just this, but they were laid off drivers in our center and were told that another center needed help if they wanted work for that day
Which article can I find this information in?