Removing EDD (RDO) as an option

DOK

Maybe it has something to do with actually caring for the customers in which you have been charged to service each day. It is your job to deliver each and every package on your vehicle in a timely manner. I simply cannot and will not provide a service to my customers that is less than what they expect. Orion be damned. I will fix this farce of a program all day long to insure that my customers are taken care of in a proper way. That....is called work ethic and UPS will not take that away from me.

I absolutely agree with everything you said, but up to a point. My current center manager and driver sups acknowledge my ability to simultaneously service my customers and keep miles and time on the clock down below Orion numbers by doing the route the "old fashioned" way. But if we are assigned new sups, or if corporate starts holding my current sups accountable for Orion trace...then I'll have no other option than to follow it 100%. In the end, we have to follow instructions and our pensions/paychecks rely on actually keeping the job. I worry about the long term future of our company if they double down on this notion that Orion and a less knowledgeable work force is preferable to a highly experienced, independently thinking one.

95% Orion trace nationwide coming in 2019, fair warning.

Raw

Raw Member
Article 37 of the contract requires us to perform our duties in a manner that best represents the interests of the Employer.
We are also required to follow the 340 methods that we have been trained on.
Both of those requirements are in direct conflict with following ORION. They are mutually exclusive of one another.
The crap I would have to do in order to follow ORION today would have quite literally gotten me fired 6 years ago for stealing time, padding miles and methods violations.
My management knows this, so I have been instructed not to follow it.
I never said to follow it 100%, when I`m bulked out I deliver first shelves first, we are instructed to use ORION within reason.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I never said to follow it 100%, when I`m bulked out I deliver first shelves first, we are instructed to use ORION within reason.
And therein lies the rub.
“Think—but dont think too much.”
“Make service on all the packages—but follow ORION.”
“Follow all the methods—but make sure you generate the required compliance metric.”
The company wants to have it both ways. They want to micromanage us, but then turn around and hold us responsible when their plan fails. They want to make us into “plan facilitators” who have been stripped of all authority to make decisions but still get all the blame for the outcome.
That is BS. It is over-supervision and harrassment. Either I make all the decisions...and accept full responsibility for them...or ORION makes all the decisions and I am absolved of all responsibility for them.