Removing EDD (RDO) as an option

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
That's why this method will likely turn very frustrating with today's 300 pkg loads. Very time consuming to double and triple check all around the package's intended area making sure you're not missing anything.
Thank you. I'm a new driver trying to gain area knowledge and I have no doubt that following odo is hindering my progress. I know I'm gonna be fine and I've been trying every littlw thing to keep my times down. We're allowed a 10% break from odo compliance in an effort to get rid of stops that orion has you coming back to later in the day. Doing that out cold when you're split between 3 cities with 150 miles while maintaining a good work pace is damn near impossible.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Today is my first day of running this Orion joke today.Looks to me like it’s gonna make me a lot of money.Already passed houses that I have stuff for,I just laugh as I ride by.It’s there game i’m just playing it.

WTFm8

I'm still waiting for proof of this "work as directed" "grieve later" part in the contract. They're telling us to scroll through the DIAD to make sure we clear streets as we go following Orion so we don't have to come back later... which goes against all training and prior job performance (RDO).

I only see "Article 62 - FEEDER DRIVERS WORK AS DIRECTED Feeder drivers shall load, unload, sort, and shift as directed in any United Parcel Service operating center or hub."

They want to keep repeating 85% Orion Compliance, work as directed, like we have a live compliance calculator... or we are threatened with discipline/disqualification/termination.

Today is my first day of running this Orion joke today.Looks to me like it’s gonna make me a lot of money.Already passed houses that I have stuff for,I just laugh as I ride by.It’s there game i’m just playing it.
Disregard ODO. Look for the stop next to your current stop (on the shelf) Use EDD to confirm you got all the pkgs. easy peasy.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I'm still waiting for proof of this "work as directed" "grieve later" part in the contract. They're telling us to scroll through the DIAD to make sure we clear streets as we go following Orion so we don't have to come back later... which goes against all training and prior job performance (RDO).

I only see "Article 62 - FEEDER DRIVERS WORK AS DIRECTED Feeder drivers shall load, unload, sort, and shift as directed in any United Parcel Service operating center or hub."

They want to keep repeating 85% Orion Compliance, work as directed, like we have a live compliance calculator... or we are threatened with discipline/disqualification/termination.
They are instructing you to scroll thru the DIAD and clear the streets, and avoid service failures.
They are also instructing you to generate an arbitrary, made-up compliance metric.
Those two instructions are mutually exclusive. They directly conflict with one another.
Issuing conflicting directives under threat of discipline is harassment and over-supervision, both of which are prohibited under Article 37.
Your response should be...”I can follow ORION, or I can make service on all the packages. Pick one.”
You can also offer to put all the stops in prerecord and then give the DIAD to your supervisor at the end of the night. He can then stop complete them in whatever order will generate the compliance metric that his idiot superior is demanding to see on his report.

JL 0513

Too bad we can't get every driver in the country (at least those who have lost RDO) to run their routes stop for stop. Or at least about 97% to make commits since that's always our fault (even though Orion misses businesses on purpose).

Making a coordinated point is the only thing that would get the exec's attention. Problem we have is that a majority of drivers are fixing all the problems Orion presents. Even with "forced" Orion, many guys aren't following. Many have started running their routes old school.

By fixing this debacle of a program with human area knowledge, the exec's can continue kidding themselves that this thing is working pretty good. Why do you you think they gave us the 85% compliance goal? Figured it was enough to turn the solution "successful" by having the driver fix it.

Screw that. You want us using your system? 97-100% is what you get. Preferably 100%. If we all did it, see if they would smarten up.

numberonedriver

Too bad we can't get every driver in the country (at least those who have lost RDO) to run their routes stop for stop. Or at least about 97% to make commits since that's always our fault (even though Orion misses businesses on purpose).

Making a coordinated point is the only thing that would get the exec's attention. Problem we have is that a majority of drivers are fixing all the problems Orion presents. Even with "forced" Orion, many guys aren't following. Many have started running their routes old school.

By fixing this debacle of a program with human area knowledge, the exec's can continue kidding themselves that this thing is working pretty good. Why do you you think they gave us the 85% compliance goal? Figured it was enough to turn the solution "successful" by having the driver fix it.

Screw that. You want us using your system? 97-100% is what you get. Preferably 100%. If we all did it, see if they would smarten up.
That's what I've been doing. I don't get paid enough to fix their problems so orion is my brain now. Cant wait to run this during peak and come back with a bunch of missed pkgs.

Streeter D

Teet Squeezer
That's what I've been doing. I don't get paid enough to fix their problems so orion is my brain now. Cant wait to run this during peak and come back with a bunch of missed pkgs.

Thank you. I'm a new driver trying to gain area knowledge and I have no doubt that following odo is hindering my progress. I know I'm gonna be fine and I've been trying every littlw thing to keep my times down. We're allowed a 10% break from odo compliance in an effort to get rid of stops that orion has you coming back to later in the day. Doing that out cold when you're split between 3 cities with 150 miles while maintaining a good work pace is damn near impossible.

I have been 100% orion since I lost rdo. I now have an excuse on all of my missed/closed schools and businesses that are scheduled at 18:00 in my dispatch: "just following the orion manny, look at how quick I complete my stops, then ask me why they were missed businesses one more time please. And explain why a 12 minute drive on my map navigation is a 15 mile stretch on a 55mph road". If you keep trying to fix their problems, YOUR problems will never be fixed. I mean they've even made a map navigation function that will take you in the middle of a field with no house in sight. So now when you get stuck somewhere.... "You were just following your map navigation so you could get a scan on this NSN package without a location error".

Streeter D

Teet Squeezer
So back to Orion on 1/2?

I've been running on orion all peak. It progressively got better for me. Even got a lot of my businesses taken off my route as peak progressed too. That being said, there are also the drivers that REFUSE to climb over packages and will deliver front to back. After all, safety is the number one goal right?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Thanks to Orion:

giphy (12).gif

soberups

I gave ‘em 3 choices.
1. Turn my ODO off.
2. Look the other way while I turn my ODO off.
3. Leave my ODO on and eat 50 missed stops per day because I followed it 100%.

They know I am not bluffing so most of the time they chose #1 and the rest of the time #2.

Making the tough choices is why they get paid the big bucks.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I gave ‘em 3 choices.
1. Turn my ODO off.
2. Look the other way while I turn my ODO off.
3. Leave my ODO on and eat 50 missed stops per day because I followed it 100%.

They know I am not bluffing so most of the time they chose #1 and the rest of the time #2.

Making the tough choices is why they get paid the big bucks.

I can see option 2 leading to a jackpot

If somebody from high enough upstairs asks “why is soberups odo turned off”

Something to think about when you work for those that eat their own

Last edited:

soberups

I can see option 2 leading to a jackpot

If somebody from high enough upstairs asks “why is soberups odo turned off”

Something to think about when you work for those that eat their own
My answer would be that “it is turned off because I walked in there and turned it off. Next question?”

There is a very specific list of cardinal offenses that can get you terminated in the Western Conference.
Turning ODO off is not one of them.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
You'd be terminated for being a tough guy. You'd come back and then it would be repeated again and again until you are crushed. It's just a matter of time and stamina...

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
My answer would be that “it is turned off because I walked in there and turned it off. Next question?”

There is a very specific list of cardinal offenses that can get you terminated in the Western Conference.
Turning ODO off is not one of them.

But an arbitrator in one case decided the list was inclusive (even against the intentions of both UPS and Teamsters when negotiating the list) meaning anything can be considered a cardinal offense. They just have to give the offense some scary sounding name, then they can fire you.

Made a funny face at a supervisor? Gross insubordination, you're fired! Stretch out your hand for a hand shake? Workplace violence, you're fired! Turn off ODO? Tampering with company intellectual property, planning systems and equipment, you're fired! Leave work once work is complete, even punching out and everything, then showing up for work again the next day? Job abandonment, you're fired!

See, it's pretty easy to make up cardinal offenses.