RENEWAL

FedEX 4 Life

Any customers I've dealt with have never had a good thing to say about the Ground service. In fact there are a couple of places in the area where FedEx lost all of there accounts because of the Ground service. Who wants to have to arrange several pickups/deliveries from the same company. They just start using UPS because it's a lot simplier.
I had a regular stop that was a shipping center and they loved Fedex Express but had no choice to switch thier ground service to UPS.Fedex ground guy rarely ever showed up while they had packages stacked to the ceiling.They use to complain to me but there was little I could d.If i ever decided not to show up for a pickup I would be fired.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The FedEx Ground guy in my area is overweight, has numerous tats, a scraggly beard,piercings, and drives one of the old ex-RPS Internationals that looks like it belongs in Somalia.

Appearances aside, he's a pretty decent guy, but he isn't professional and he doesn't really care about providing superior service. He gets $12.50 per hour and gives the kind of customer experience you'd expect for that kind of money.

bbsam, you've never worked for Express and do not realize that it was once very much a premium service with top-notch employees. The FedEx name actually meant something instead of the cheap knock-off brand that it is today. Think of Nordstroms suddenly selling JCPenney's merchandise with 7-11 type employees.

Eventually, Fred is going to lose on the Ground model. It doesn't mean anything that it's thriving right now because it's not going to hold up in court in the long run. I think the old man knows this, and is going to push for something different that still lets him screw people but also offer a better quality of service over at Ground. I don't know what he's got in mind, but you can be assured that the employees will not be treated with any measure of respect in the process.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
yep, time to scrap the whole thing ala DHL.

Not my point at all. The Ground model is certainly sustainable from an operational perspective, but it is not sustainable from a legal perspective. And most Ground drivers are slobs that do resemble the catsup and mustard meth boys. Cash-in while you can bbsam, because it will eventually go away.

Testicular Fortitude

Congratulations to a majority of the above posts.As I have posted since I first joined this site the Express,Ground and Home couriers are in the same area and sometimes at the same building at the same time which is the most asinine business delivery practice in history.Get back to what made Fedex the BEST delivery company,one brand delivering all types of delivery options.Maybe Herr Frederick Von Scruemall just likes to waste millions like he did with the Kinkos acquisition now called Fedex Office and the tens of thousands of lawsuits Fedex has lost over the years.Now according to Bloomberg news the MDL relating to the Ground and Home divisions could cost Fedex over one billion dollars if Fedex loses its case.I agree with the posts about the inferior service provided by the Ground and Home brands.Do what I have posted all along,dont pickup any package that is not a Express package and tell your customer to tell the shipper or recipient to only use Express.

O

olcc

it's going to happen, they are already telling customers it will.

I believe he means the integration of services that he heard a FedEx sales rep talking about (this was mentioned in another thread that I can't find the link to).

This is inevitable. Between the Ground lawsuits and the Express exemption, these fights are going to continue to be fought even if there are short term setbacks. UPS and the Teamsters are not going to give up. Disgruntled Express employees are not going to give up. And misclassified Ground drivers are not going to give up. The outcome varies depending on who you ask, but there will definitely be changes.

bbsam

Staff member
Oh c'mon now, don't spoil it , we're having fun with Salesguy again.
It's his new salespitch.

You got to get UPS, because soon no more Fedex..LOL
sorry, forgot the:happy2:. Meant it in a light hearted way but there doesn't seem to be a dry, sardonic icon. :happy2: will have to do.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
i meant the unification of services, maing it appear as "one fedex" to customers, sorry.

and it is their salespeople saying it, not me.

FedExer267

sales people will say anything to get business they told one of the winerys that fed ex ground had refridgerated trucks to get their business from Ups. When they asked me I laughed!!!