RENEWAL

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
sales people will say anything to get business they told one of the winerys that fed ex ground had refridgerated trucks to get their business from Ups. When they asked me I laughed!!!

Actually, FedEx Custom Critical has refrigerated trucks and FedEx Express has refrigerated LD3's. I've seen Express CTV's with rented reefer trailers as well. Maybe the salespeople are as confused as the customers about what divisions of the company actually can and cannot do.

That said, a salesperson will say almost anything to steal an account.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Actually, FedEx Custom Critical has refrigerated trucks and FedEx Express has refrigerated LD3's. I've seen Express CTV's with rented reefer trailers as well. Maybe the salespeople are as confused as the customers about what divisions of the company actually can and cannot do.

That said, a salesperson will say almost anything to steal an account.
Or golf balls and beer! :surprised:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Or golf balls and beer! :surprised:

Just curious Hoaxter. Are UPS salespeople as clueless about ops as ours are? These are the types that promise pickups for next day product at 1900....after the aircraft that would be carrying said product is already departed and headed for a hub.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Just curious Hoaxter. Are UPS salespeople as clueless about ops as ours are? These are the types that promise pickups for next day product at 1900....after the aircraft that would be carrying said product is already departed and headed for a hub.

I'll let you decide ... read some of upssalesguy 's posts.

FedEx courier

FedEx sales reps have always sold the company as one unit with subunits. From what I understand the sales people all work for "FedEx Services". I've heard that people who work for FedEx services can work within all the FedEx companies, though I've never found any written documentation of this, I've been told the IT people and sales reps can do this, I've also seen on the sales reps card that they are listed as working for "FedEx Services" and the "Ex is grey. I guess the grey area in FedEx's jacked up network of companies means that you can cross over to all of the "seperate" companies.

Ricochet1a

FedEx sales reps have always sold the company as one unit...
Sorry, this just is not true.

There was a salesman for Express, a salesman for Freight, and a salesman for Ground.

This was one of the points that we (UPS) would use with potential customers, the fact that they would deal with one driver and one sales person.

I think you may be mistaken. In the past, each operating company within FedEx Corporation maintained seperate sales teams (Express, Ground, Freight, etc.). This is changing. Sales is being "centralized" to "Services". In effect this means that the sales personnel are being absorbed by FedEx Corporation (the "Master" corporation).

The "gray" on the business card means a whole lot more than people outside of FedEx would realize. By being outside the individual Op-co's, they can "sell" to a single client whatever that client wants. This is part of the establishment of that illusion of a seamless company.....FedEx. It also eliminates duplication of effort by sales teams within each individual operating company. With a unified sales team taking a geographic instead of service level approach to client, FedEx trims sales force size and can provide customers with a "one-stop" contact for ALL FedEx business. No more having two or more sales reps for a client. One client, one sales rep, it is coming.

Since they are "grey" and not "Green" or "Orange" employees, they can cross Op-co boundaries and not cause issues for FedEX to maintain the RLA and IC models. All part of the "having one's cake and eating it too" philosophy of FedEx. There are more changes coming.

FedEx courier

I know in the past there have been seperate sales reps, but as of last year the same sales rep handles all of FedEx service options. Their business cards say sales reps name/contact/ect) and list them as "FedEx Services.

fedexpresser

one of the main probs ive seen with fedex sales reps is they promise the world with out going thru the proper channels. Most sales reps are hired from outside the company and have 1/4th the knowledge about how the system works.

FedEX 4 Life

one of the main probs ive seen with fedex sales reps is they promise the world with out going thru the proper channels. Most sales reps are hired from outside the company and have 1/4th the knowledge about how the system works.
Ya damn right.The ones they hire that actually try and be honest end up getting fired.The ones that come in and wheel and deal and lie like a car salesmen are the ones who keep thier job.