Reparations

newfie

Which was pretty much everyone back then, not one particular group.
and probably continues today with the illegals being transported across our borders .

while i suppose its a bit more humane than whips and balls and chains its still a form of servitude .

vantexan

and probably continues today with the illegals being transported across our borders .

while i suppose its a bit more humane than whips and balls and chains its still a form of servitude .
That's what a lot of people don't realize who are trying to get to the States. Wave after wave of poor immigrants settling for work Americans won't do. It's usually their kids born here who end up with a better life. Have to admire people willing to break their backs to make that happen.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
That's what a lot of people don't realize who are trying to get to the States. Wave after wave of poor immigrants settling for work Americans won't do. It's usually their kids born here who end up with a better life. Have to admire people willing to break their backs to make that happen.
I believe there is a legal way to accomplish this, but criminals don't care.

vantexan

Always reminded of Planet of the Apes (original)when I see this.
Their development began by doing the things humans didn't want to do.
Americans have gotten soft. A lot of people from around the world, especially Latinos, jump at the chance to work hard all day to support their families. I just want them to do it legally and prevent us getting swamped with too many people including the bad element that comes in.

newfie

Plenty of poor legal immigrants did the same, including probably our relatives.
I didnt , i came here the legal way. My wife's side has plenty that came here fleeing the famines in europe. I'm not sure if anyone snuck across the border back then or if the US cared if they did but many came by ship through immigration ports.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Americans have gotten soft. A lot of people from around the world, especially Latinos, jump at the chance to work hard all day to support their families. I just want them to do it legally and prevent us getting swamped with too many people including the bad element that comes in.
I think Americans have gotten to good to do s:censored2:t jobs. Not soft.
Every job is valuable. The value of honest labor and the integrity of doing a good job with the job you get is gone. Pick fruit? Vegetables ? Shovel? Yeah right.
We're at the second generation who thinks their first job should be VP of GM.

vantexan

I didnt , i came here the legal way. My wife's side has plenty that came here fleeing the famines in europe. I'm not sure if anyone snuck across the border back then or if the US cared if they did but many came by ship through immigration ports.
You may have not noticed but I said "legal" did the same.

vantexan

I didnt know too many soft americans at ups . Most worked crazy hours. Immigrants on the other hand work insane hours and often sacrifice much to get ahead here.
That's true, not fair to say all Americans are soft. I worked hard at FedEx but like most FedExers figured my job was good enough without going to the extremes UPSers did for the better pay. Bad mistake on my part.