Reparations

BigGuy2732

We owe them. Before we came around, they were kings. We stole them from their land (only willingly, the white man is weaker) and held them in chattel slavery for hundreds of years. They practically built this entire country (picking cotton). We owe them so much for all the infrastructure that they built. (Picking cotton)

I’m ready to start giving weekly. Are you?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
We owe them. Before we came around, they were kings. We stole them from their land (only willingly, the white man is weaker) and held them in chattel slavery for hundreds of years. They practically built this entire country (picking cotton). We owe them so much for all the infrastructure that they built. (Picking cotton)

😂😂😂 Please. We owe them nothing. Trillions have been given to them already.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

No. Just, Hell No.

newfie

bsbullf.gif

UnionStrong

Go after the Arabs and Africans that sold them to us.

BigGuy2732

They have the highest living standard of all African people because their people are unable to replicate a functioning civilization like Europeans have. In a way, they should be thanking their African captors who sold them to Americans.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
They have the highest living standard of all African people because their people are unable to replicate a functioning civilization like Europeans have. In a way, they should be thanking their African captors who sold them to Americans.
Actually they were sold to the slave ship captains, who then brought them to the slave markets of their choice, of course.

vantexan

There are no living former slaves. That’s the point. No one alive deserves reparations.
The thing about the Holocaust is many of the Jews killed had their wealth, art, homes, etc confiscated by the NAZI's. Reparations to both survivors and the immediate family of those killed is no different than those today who file civil lawsuits against those who've harmed them or a family member.

Of course slavery was wrong. But the descendents of black slaves in the U.S. can't claim wealth was taken away. Freedom yes, for sure. But blacks in the U.S. today have had grievances addressed in many ways. Welfare. Hiring advantages. Education advantages. It's simply a matter of stepping up and taking advantage of these opportunities. Choosing to stay in a poor, crime filled neighborhood is on them. If we ever want people to be independent and self sufficient then they have to struggle and strive like everyone else. Many do, and very well. For the rest that won't happen by throwing money at them.

UnionStrong

The thing about the Holocaust is many of the Jews killed had their wealth, art, homes, etc confiscated by the NAZI's. Reparations to both survivors and the immediate family of those killed is no different than those today who file civil lawsuits against those who've harmed them or a family member.

Of course slavery was wrong. But the descendents of black slaves in the U.S. can't claim wealth was taken away. Freedom yes, for sure. But blacks in the U.S. today have had grievances addressed in many ways. Welfare. Hiring advantages. Education advantages. It's simply a matter of stepping up and taking advantage of these opportunities. Choosing to stay in a poor, crime filled neighborhood is on them. If we ever want people to be independent and self sufficient then they have to struggle and strive like everyone else. Many do, and very well. For the rest that won't happen by throwing money at them.
As I said, the German government paid out money to holocaust survivors. There have been no black slaves in this country for many decades. Yet we have spent countless billions on them, welfare, affordable housing, affirmative action, all sorts of social welfare programs. And for what? What have we gotten for our money? Chicago? Baltimore? Memphis? St. Louis? I could go on.
At some point people have to take responsibility for their own lives. Quit blaming everyone else and stop wallowing in victimhood. Blacks were better off in the fifties before welfare. How come?