Repeat of 2013 peak?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
They have a truck here that wont fit in the building. They raise the door halfway and its nose sticks outside. Its like that year round.

Dr.Brownz

Not like 2013 here

I done after 6.5 hours and taking a ten

Instead of :censored2: friday we are having bend over mondays. The last two fridays we have had missing trailers

Last edited by a moderator:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
How long have you worked here? I swear it seems at times like you really don't have a clue.
Give it up Dave, they told me they were sending me a helper after I left the building. They told me a couple hours, they told him four to five. I called for confirmation. How is that not having a clue? You can dislike me all you want, I dont give a hoot. I wanted to make sure I did the right thing. I didnt need him at all they told me its all about numbers. Yes who doesnt know that? I wanted to make sure I was in compliance. Find a new hobby. Picking on my words gets old. Its imbecile. And makes no sense.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I just find it amazing that you have worked here as long as you have and yet still don 't have a clue.
I find it amazing that you have worked here as long as you have and somebody hasnt slapped you upside the head. Tell me the clue, Dave, what was the clue? Work as instructed when I dont know who instructed me, or call to find out what they want? I prefer the latter.

AKCoverMan

Nope, not here.
All our drivers will likely be out of hours on Friday the 19th.
Friday is the 18th. Even if you finish with 60 hours on Friday your DOT eligible to drive on Sunday the 20th so long as you have your 34hr reset.

Since the week of Christmas we are off on Friday we could in theory work sixty hours over Sun-Thu.. Your supplement may vary but for us Sunday would be all time and a
Although in the contract it says that anyone who works on Sunday will get doubletime. Now does that change your decision?
im thinking that's a "your mileage may vary" thing depending on your supplement.

35years

Gravy route
Friday is the 18th. Even if you finish with 60 hours on Friday your DOT eligible to drive on Sunday the 20th so long as you have your 34hr reset.

Since the week of Christmas we are off on Friday we could in theory work sixty hours over Sun-Thu.. Your supplement may vary but for us Sunday would be all time and a

im thinking that's a "your mileage may vary" thing depending on your supplement.

Yep,
Realized my mistake after posting.
We will most likely be out of hours the 18th since our whole center maxed out this week and brought back stops. They still have not put on as many helpers and temps as last year!

Last edited:

oldandcrabby

I'm a driver helper, my second day was yesterday. He kept me 11 hours and today he's starting me an hour earlier and picking me up from my house.

Yesterday was pretty brutal. I don't know how you guys do this every year but I'm gonna stick it out.

Son is sitting here telling me to type Grin and Bear it.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Do the math. The week starts on Sunday. We have that Friday (25th) off. We will be working on the 20th.
So you know for a fact the order from corporate has been given for this? What do you base your knowledge of this on? Because the calendar lines up that way you assume?

It's double time if we are forced to work a Sunday. Just like your predictions of a two tier wage system last contract or your many other assumptions about ups even ORION, you're wrong as usual.

What's that like? Going through life always acting right yet always ending up wrong?

Does it ever get old for you or are you that big a narcissist, you don't care?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So you know for a fact the order from corporate has been given for this? What do you base your knowledge of this on? Because the calendar lines up that way you assume?

It's double time if we are forced to work a Sunday. Just like your predictions of a two tier wage system last contract or your many other assumptions about ups even ORION, you're wrong as usual.

What's that like? Going through life always acting right yet always ending up wrong?

Does it ever get old for you or are you that big a narcissist, you don't care?

The company proposed two tiered wages during negotiations. These were set aside in favor of the company shedding their healthcare liabilities. Two tiered wages will be a reality in 2018.

There is nothing from Corporate as yet dictating that we will be working on the 20th. It is just a gut feeling that I have. If we are forced to work on Sunday it will be at straight time as it will be the first report of the week.

Future

Victory Ride
The company proposed two tiered wages during negotiations. These were set aside in favor of the company shedding their healthcare liabilities. Two tiered wages will be a reality in 2018.

There is nothing from Corporate as yet dictating that we will be working on the 20th. It is just a gut feeling that I have. If we are forced to work on Sunday it will be at straight time as it will be the first report of the week.
Yes working that Sunday has been rumored in our building....straight time pay does make sense as you noted (Not that I agree)