Repeat of 2013 peak?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
So you know for a fact the order from corporate has been given for this? What do you base your knowledge of this on? Because the calendar lines up that way you assume?

It's double time if we are forced to work a Sunday. Just like your predictions of a two tier wage system last contract or your many other assumptions about ups even ORION, you're wrong as usual.

What's that like? Going through life always acting right yet always ending up wrong?

Does it ever get old for you or are you that big a narcissist, you don't care?

Depends on the Supplement.

In the Central, it would be straight time for Sunday.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
The company proposed two tiered wages during negotiations. These were set aside in favor of the company shedding their healthcare liabilities. Two tiered wages will be a reality in 2018.

There is nothing from Corporate as yet dictating that we will be working on the 20th. It is just a gut feeling that I have. If we are forced to work on Sunday it will be at straight time as it will be the first report of the week.
And yet none of your "gut feelings " ever are true. Two tiered wage systems for FT won't happen. They've been trying that for longer than you and I were here and it never passes.

As for Sunday, good luck. They can force all they want but they won't be able to discipline if it's not a regular scheduled work day for you and you don't show. Also I'm pretty sure if they force you, then it's double time but I'd have to ask my BA.

But I'm sure in the BOG, you'll know before even corporate does whether we are being forced.

I personally will not come in. And since I have yet to take a dead day this year, they couldn't discipline on attendance if they tried. It wouldn't stick.

ups1990

Nope, nope, nope!
This peak was nothing like 2013. I my humble opinion, in the last 3 years we've experienced first hand the worst peak being 2013 where everything went wrong to a very busy hectic yet controlled 2015 peak. Our center ran very smooth with very hiccups and to my amazement, our first and second year drivers did very well. Each one stepped up their game. I had two very good helpers who worked their tail off. I'm hoping one of them comes back next year to be my helper after finals exams.
Merry Christmas!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We've been known to just leave the doors open and load the trucks outside.

Freezes preload out. Lmao
We used to load trucks outside as well on an open air temporary structure. They stuck all the new guys out there. Averaged a 90% turnover rate for those guys the first week. The remainder were usually gone by the second week.

Loading in December in Minnesota outside isn't very pretty. Can't believe they were able to get away with it.