Reporting ups for egress issues

Big Rigger

If an emergency happens, and you gotta get out of the building, just walk right over that :censored2:.
And the active shooter will then walk over your :censored2: on the way to the next victim.
Do your homework and see how many shootings have occurred in and on property in the last few years..
It ain't about smoking boxes as much as smoking brass now.. wake up.

Back From Break
Most employees need leadership.

You sound like a Democrat.

Ever been fired as a steward while fulfilling your responsibilities as one?

Nope. Never gave them the grounds to discharge me. And they know better than trump up some bogus charges.

You should know this.

I should know what? That most employees will not risk a discharge to make waves? Or that a Steward should step up and try and correct safety issues? Both.

BTW let's lower the bar..smh.

Who's lowering the bar. I never said that a Steward should not do his job and enforce the contract, and safety regulations. I just said that most employees will not step up.

@Bubblehead said it can be done. I agree, but it will mostly be done by a Steward, not just an employee. Your typical employee will not go that far.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The company is doing nothing regarding egress & the union only grieves it but not enough is getting done. I’m worried that there could be a real scenario where we need to evacuate the building & might have trouble. What can I do? Can I go to my local fire department & report them? Who can I contact at OSHA?
My building has garage doors all over the place. Getting out in a hurry is not a problem.

Big Rigger

But the safety committee guy will yell at you! Designated doors bro.
That isn't his/her job.
You sound like a Democrat.

Nope. Never gave them the grounds to discharge me. And they know better than trump up some bogus charges.

I should know what? That most employees will not risk a discharge to make waves? Or that a Steward should step up and try and correct safety issues? Both.

Who's lowering the bar. I never said that a Steward should not do his job and enforce the contract, and safety regulations. I just said that most employees will not step up.

@Bubblehead said it can be done. I agree, but it will mostly be done by a Steward, not just an employee. Your typical employee will not go that far.
You sound compromised.
Democrat? Which kind? The JFK kind or the LD one you put into office recently?
Then you try to out someone here.
Fickle pretrippin "feeder" stud..
The company will trump up whatever they want, on whoever they want any day any time because they know they can and you admit that most employees don't have the spine to fight real issues (must be a disease in your building) because why? The stewards in their work environment are cowardly...a direct reflection on the stewards...if which you admit to being one.

Why are your coworkers so cowardly if you're a union stud?

Asking for a friend...

Back From Break
The JFK kind or the LD one you put into office recently?

I didn't put anyone in office. I did not vote for the current President.

Then you try to out someone here.

If anyone on this forum doesn't know who @Bubblehead actually is, then they are as dizzy as the current President.

you admit that most employees don't have the spine to fight real issues

Correct.

must be a disease in your building

Not just my building. Everywhere.

The stewards in their work environment are cowardly

No, the Stewards usually do their jobs. I referred to the regular employee who isn't going to risk their jobs over an egress issue.

Why are your coworkers so cowardly if you're a union stud

Never said I was a Union stud. My coworkers expect me to tackle the egress issues, which I do. They do not want to put their jobs on the line for something they think the Steward should do. And if the Steward won't do it, they look the other way.

Why do they look the other way? As you yourself said...

The company will trump up whatever they want, on whoever they want any day any time because they know they can

Big Rigger

I didn't put anyone in office. I did not vote for the current President.

If anyone on this forum doesn't know who @Bubblehead actually is, then they are as dizzy as the current President.

Correct.

Not just my building. Everywhere.

No, the Stewards usually do their jobs. I referred to the regular employee who isn't going to risk their jobs over an egress issue.

Never said I was a Union stud. My coworkers expect me to tackle the egress issues, which I do. They do not want to put their jobs on the line for something they think the Steward should do. And if the Steward won't do it, they look the other way.

Why do they look the other way? As you yourself said...
Umm wasting my time here and I swore I was done until the outing attempt. Opinions come and go....but
everyone here is anonymous. Keep it that way..

NYJetsfan87

The company is doing nothing regarding egress & the union only grieves it but not enough is getting done. I’m worried that there could be a real scenario where we need to evacuate the building & might have trouble. What can I do? Can I go to my local fire department & report them? Who can I contact at OSHA?
I would first report it to management. If it’s not fixed in a timely fashion then talk to your union representative about it.