Republicans in favor of expensive insulin.

Thebrownblob

Die fatties. Die!
-GOP

I mean if it were true it would be exactly what Democrats said when people didn’t want to get a useless vaccine they should just die and not be allowed in the hospital. because obese people are far bigger burden on the health System. But since I know the story is completely fabricated and meant to distort the truth and I think people should be treated no matter what, I won’t say that.

oldngray

nowhere special
I mean if it were true it would be exactly what Democrats said when people didn’t want to get a useless vaccine they should just die and not be allowed in the hospital. because obese people are far bigger burden on the health System. But since I know the story is completely fabricated and meant to distort the truth and I think people should be treated no matter what, I won’t say that.
It was true .. kind of. In a slanted kind of way. GOP stripped it out on technical issues because of how it was funded.

Don't forget one of Biden's first actions as President was to cancel Trump's plan for cheap insulin.

Thebrownblob

It was true .. kind of. In a slanted kind of way. GOP stripped it out on technical issues because of how it was funded.

Don't forget one of Biden's first actions as President was to cancel Trump's plan for cheap insulin.
Wait you mean these politicians are playing games and the media is complicit? Shocking isn’t it, why do people fall for this every time?

newolddude

Yes, Biden did.

However that Trump plan was only for the very poorest of the poor who got their insulin through specific clinics. Trump made it seem like it was for everyone when it was just for select people.

Thebrownblob

Yes, Biden did.

However that Trump plan was only for the very poorest of the poor who got their insulin through specific clinics. Trump made it seem like it was for everyone when it was just for select people.
Seems like the poorest of the poor would be the ones that need it the most? Why are you against people who make a living paying their own way?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Die fatties. Die!
-GOP

"Many in the GOP supported an amendment from Louisiana Senator John Kennedy to instead provide government funding to subsidize insulin purchases for low income individuals."

So Democrats wanted everyone's taxes to pay for the upper class to get cheap medicine..... and Republicans wanted income limits so only those who can't afford it get the subsidy.

Why are Democrats always trying to get handouts for the rich?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
"Many in the GOP supported an amendment from Louisiana Senator John Kennedy to instead provide government funding to subsidize insulin purchases for low income individuals."

So Democrats wanted everyone's taxes to pay for the upper class to get cheap medicine..... and Republicans wanted income limits so only those who can't afford it get the subsidy.

Why are Democrats always trying to get handouts for the rich?
They have to pay for their electric vehicle subsidies for people making 300k

newolddude

Shut this thread down
triggered-angry.gif

Brownsocks

Just a dog
They have to pay for their electric vehicle subsidies for people making 300k
The same electric vehicles that pay $0 in Federal road maintenance taxes? You would think they would have added a substitution to the Federal gas tax to go with the $7,500 EV credit for the rich.

newfie

Die fatties. Die!
-GOP

been there done that

newfie

Yes, Biden did.

he did it for the poorest of the poor? no wonder multi millionaires like Biden and pelosi didnt like it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
This is a pretty sad attempt to stir a pot full of nothing burgers. Just start a thread about stories with inaccurate headlines that make your political opponents sound bad because most people won't read the whole story to figure out they were mislead. Like the one that claimed republicans were trying to starve transgender kids when it was democrats that were trying to starve all kids if schools don't promote harmful delusions designed to sterilize and surgically mutilate kids. The distance between reality and "progressive" worldview is getting longer and more obvious by the day.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Go complain in the electric car thread.
As others have said Trump already handled insulin for poorer Americans, so your initial post is misguided at best. Democrats rescinded Trumps EO and then want a pat on the back for submitting something similar. Won't happen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220807-152757_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20220807-152757_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 23

newolddude

As others have said Trump already handled insulin for poorer Americans, so your initial post is misguided at best. Democrats rescinded Trumps EO and then want a pat on the back for submitting something similar. Won't happen.
Yes Trump did institute a low cost insulin plan. But
1) you could only get it if you were a patient at a HRSA facility. (Use this tool to find them. Find a Health Center)
2) you could only qualify if you were in extreme poverty: those making less than 350% of the federal poverty line.

As a result less that 2% of insulin users qualified.