Republicans in favor of expensive insulin.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Let's start with why there are so many diabetics these days and thus the need for insulin. The standard American diet is loaded with sugar and processed foods high in carbohydrates that pack on the pounds. When you're humping all day on a job like UPS it's easy to burn it off but a lot of people sit at a desk all day then come home to watch tv or look at a computer. And thus we have a high obesity rate and over time bodies break down and diabetes and other maladies occur. Eat better, exercise, and most of this goes away. Stay away from fast food(my weakness). Do you like to snack on potato chips and have pizza delivered? Do you have a belly? Turn it around while you can because if you become a diabetic and are one long enough the things it does to you isn't pleasant.
I have always wondered why every recipe on every cooking show always includes sugar as an ingredient.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The same electric vehicles that pay $0 in Federal road maintenance taxes? You would think they would have added a substitution to the Federal gas tax to go with the $7,500 EV credit for the rich.
Definitely time for those EV freeloaders to pay their fair share.

Fenris

Die fatties. Die!
-GOP

I haven't seen any actual details in the articles - they just say that co-pays would be capped at $35. Wouldn't that just mean that the premiums go up then to make up the difference - with, of course, those who lead healthier lifestyles bearing the brunt of the additional cost?

bacha29

It was true .. kind of. In a slanted kind of way. GOP stripped it out on technical issues because of how it was funded.

Don't forget one of Biden's first actions as President was to cancel Trump's plan for cheap insulin.
Tell me more about Trump's plan for cheap insulin.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
How about all the suffering Biden caused from the time he cancelled Trump's Plan up until this new law takes effect ?
Who will speak for them ?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1660232781853.png

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Had no love for the guy but one of my close friends hung himself from a tree. Just never understood how it can get that bad for others but it obviously does...
I hear ya.
I think most of us that have lived long enough have had someone we know that committed the unthinkable.
A friend of mine wrote his college thesis on the subject. Two of his uncles, a sister, a cousin, and a 2nd cousin all pulled the trigger. Made me think there may be some genetic cause involved.
He wrote, the second before the trigger is pulled, that is the true definition of insanity.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
My IBS decides what I can safely eat.
Fruit and most vegetables aren't on the menu.
I've tried just about every known remedy, most are only short term solutions.
Sometimes the normal stuff that I eat sets it off.

newfie

Whats wrong with that?

Diabetes is almost 100% curable by vegetables.
and exercise. cut the carbs and started exercising more about 10 years ago. have not had a bad suger count since.

my suger count at the time went from around 100 to the 60's where it stayed.

i dont understand why the health agencies dont push a low carb diet more.