Republicans in favor of expensive insulin.

Thebrownblob

Yes Trump did institute a low cost insulin plan. But
1) you could only get it if you were a patient at a HRSA facility. (Use this tool to find them. Find a Health Center)
2) you could only qualify if you were in extreme poverty: those making less than 350% of the federal poverty line.

As a result less that 2% of insulin users qualified.
Again why are you against people who make a living paying for their own medicine? Why is it the government job to pay for your medicine? You do realize the reason most medicine is overpriced is because of the government being involved, don’t you? This is perhaps the most ignorant thread you’ve ever posted. Adults with half a brain will see right through a story like this.

newolddude

Again why are you against people who make a living paying for their own medicine? Why is it the government job to pay for your medicine? You do realize the reason most medicine is overpriced is because of the government being involved, don’t you? This is perhaps the most ignorant thread you’ve ever posted. Adults with half a brain will see right through a story like this.
Why should American's pay so much more? Is it our job to pad the profits of big pharma companies?

Image-18.png

Thebrownblob

Why should American's pay so much more? Is it our job to pad the profits of big pharma companies?

insulin-prices.svg
Big Pharma working hand-in-hand with the government to artificially inflate prices lol. Anytime the government inserts theirselves in the free market it creates inequities. You should really learn how economies work. It’s called unintended consequences.

newolddude

Big Pharma working hand-in-hand with the government to artificially inflate prices lol. Anytime the government inserts theirselves in the free market it creates inequities. You should really learn how economies work. It’s called unintended consequences.
Nice deflection.

You whine and cry about gas prices but then think it's our duty to pay through the nose for medicines.

Thebrownblob

Nice deflection.

You whine and cry about gas prices but then think it's our duty to pay through the nose for medicines.
Lol whine and cry, your president can’t even go to Saudi Arabia and get a better deal and shut down our ability to provide our own oil.

Tell the losers who can’t pay for their medicine to stop looking for the government to do it for them. And ask yourself why 32 countries have cheaper medicine than us. Keep sucking the tit of big Pharma, they as well as enjoy having you take as many prescriptions as possible for the rest of your life.

Thebrownblob

You're twisting what I'm saying. Show me where I said insulin should be free.

Why should Americans pay far far more than everyone else?
They do because the solutions you ask for cause inequities and unintended consequences. Liberals leftists minds cannot understand or I would explain it to you in detail. You need someone to do something for you because you’re not capable. Asking the government to do it is a devils pact with thousands of strings attached.

newolddude

They do because the solutions you ask for cause inequities and unintended consequences. Liberals leftists minds cannot understand or I would explain it to you in detail. You need someone to do something for you because you’re not capable. Asking the government to do it is a devils pact with thousands of strings attached.
I don't need anyone to do anything for me since I'm not diabetic.

I'm only expecting the government to do something because big pharma has been allowed to do whatever they want and use the American health system as a massive profit generation center because prices have been unregulated.

Thebrownblob

I'm only expecting the government to do something because big pharma has been allowed to do whatever they want and use the American health system as a massive profit generation center because prices have been unregulated.

Well you’re asking for more distorted prices then because you’re rudimentary understanding of economics and price fixing is juvenile

Thebrownblob

Here you go sweetie its a good start for you to learn something I can send more if you need…..FYI Trumps solution was no better.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Is it our job to pad the profits of big pharma companies?
That's apparently what Democrats believe, because they just created a huge transfer of wealth from taxpayers to big pharma.

Push for companies to make more generics and for the FDA to approve them faster? Change patent laws around these medicines?

Nah, let's just subsidize profits for mega corporations. Typical Democrats.

newfie

Yes Trump did institute a low cost insulin plan. But
1) you could only get it if you were a patient at a HRSA facility. (Use this tool to find them. Find a Health Center)
2) you could only qualify if you were in extreme poverty: those making less than 350% of the federal poverty line.

As a result less that 2% of insulin users qualified.
i don;t know where you came up with that number. Over 1750 insurance plans intially applied when trump rolled this out.

could you be so good as to supply your source for this 2 percent number so we can see if you're quoting it correctly

vantexan

Let's start with why there are so many diabetics these days and thus the need for insulin. The standard American diet is loaded with sugar and processed foods high in carbohydrates that pack on the pounds. When you're humping all day on a job like UPS it's easy to burn it off but a lot of people sit at a desk all day then come home to watch tv or look at a computer. And thus we have a high obesity rate and over time bodies break down and diabetes and other maladies occur. Eat better, exercise, and most of this goes away. Stay away from fast food(my weakness). Do you like to snack on potato chips and have pizza delivered? Do you have a belly? Turn it around while you can because if you become a diabetic and are one long enough the things it does to you isn't pleasant.

Thebrownblob

Let's start with why there are so many diabetics these days and thus the need for insulin. The standard American diet is loaded with sugar and processed foods high in carbohydrates that pack on the pounds. When you're humping all day on a job like UPS it's easy to burn it off but a lot of people sit at a desk all day then come home to watch tv or look at a computer. And thus we have a high obesity rate and over time bodies break down and diabetes and other maladies occur. Eat better, exercise, and most of this goes away. Stay away from fast food(my weakness). Do you like to snack on potato chips and have pizza delivered? Do you have a belly? Turn it around while you can because if you become a diabetic and are one long enough the things it does to you isn't pleasant.
All of this is true, the whole system is whacked, and I just read your whole post while stuffing my face with Lays potato chips, I can confirm you cannot eat just one.😂