Republicare

BrownArmy

Honestly, RyanCare has nothing to do at all with healthcare, and everything to do with curbing 'entitlement' programs, namely Medicare.

bbsam

Staff member
This was more Ryancare than anything else. Only the RINOs weren't able to push it through. It is a piece of garbage as written. They need to repeal Obamacare and start again from scratch instead of trying to fix that mess.

Exactly.
Obamacare is such a worthless piece of legislation.
Not sure Ryancare is any better.

Why is this not Trump care? Obamacare was crafted by Pelosi and ended up as Obamacare. Why does Trump not have to own this mess?

bbsam

Staff member
Because it's not Trumps' plan, it's Ryans' plan.

For better or worse.

From reading the plan, it seems mostly worse.
Yes but didn't Pelosi push Obamacare? I don't see how and why the rules have changed from one president to the next.

BrownArmy

Not. This is Trumpcare. He endorsed this steaming pile of rich getting richer.

I don't disagree.

Trump campaigned on making healthcare 'beautiful', and everyone would get coverage, and it would be cheaper, etc.

Unicorns will pick you up and drop you off.

"Who knew healthcare was so complicated?" said Trump, without a trace of irony.

Trump is betraying his voters.

BrownArmy

Yes but didn't Pelosi push Obamacare? I don't see how and why the rules have changed from one president to the next.

To be fair, the ACA was enacted over several months, with endless hearings.

This new abortion is being pushed through in mere weeks, with Ryan/Trump/Spicer saying it's now or never...lulz.

After seven years, this is what they come up with?

bbsam

Staff member
To be fair, the ACA was enacted over several months, with endless hearings.

This new abortion is being pushed through in mere weeks, with Ryan/Trump/Spicer saying it's now or never...lulz.

After seven years, this is what they come up with?
Is it possible that the entire Republican party has been shocked, stunned and amazed at the prospect of winning that now they have come to realize they have no idea how to govern?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Why is this not Trump care?
Obamacare was crafted by Pelosi and ended up as Obamacare.
Why does Trump not have to own this mess?
Because the name has not come up in MSM?
No one in Congress wrote Obamacare ... it was written by the Insurance and Pharmacological industries.
He pushed it away while Obama embraced it.

BrownArmy

Is it possible that the entire Republican party has been shocked, stunned and amazed at the prospect of winning that now they have come to realize they have no idea how to govern?

"There is only one redeeming thing about this whole election. It will be over at sundown, and let everybody pray that it's not a tie, for we couldn't go through with this thing again.

And, when the votes are counted, let everybody, including the candidates, get into a good humor as quick as they got into a bad one.

Both gangs have been bad sports, so see if at least one can't redeem themselves by offering no alibis, but cooperate with the winner, for no matter which one it is the poor fellow is going to need it.

So cheer up. Let's all be friends again. One of the evils of democracy is you have to put up with the man you elect whether you want him or not. That's why we call it democracy."

Will Rogers, 1932

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Obamacare was passed as a basic outline and the bloat was added later from regulations (not by Congress).

.. you have to pass it before you can read it.
I believe you.
I have often said that regulations are worse than laws.
And they change from one administration to the next.