Republicare

It will be fine

Why is this not Trump care? Obamacare was crafted by Pelosi and ended up as Obamacare. Why does Trump not have to own this mess?
I'm calling it Republicare because I think the entire party should be saddled with it. You can't convince Trump supporters that he is awful, it doesn't get through to them. Call this Republicare as an example of the policy we get when they control the government. A horrible monstrosity that only benefits wealthy people. This policy is terrible for the populist Trump republicans and they need to understand that.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm calling it Republicare because I think the entire party should be saddled with it. You can't convince Trump supporters that he is awful, it doesn't get through to them. Call this Republicare as an example of the policy we get when they control the government. A horrible monstrosity that only benefits wealthy people. This policy is terrible for the populist Trump republicans and they need to understand that.
I think Trump loves that line of thinking.

I understand it but it lets Trump off the hook. If it were a raging success, he would be the first in line to take the credit.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Fine by me but I still like Satancare much better.

bbsam

Staff member
Obamacare implodes......
I doubt it. To much of it can't be ignored and if it isn't maintained and prices keep going up and more people are pushed out, the result in 3 years is the same and the president will look at an election year nightmare.

BrownArmy

Obamacare implodes......

Or does it?

Seems to me the ACA doesn't effect you personally at all, correct me if I'm mistaken.

The ACA slowed the rising costs of healthcare, but was it perfect?

No.

This new plan is the worst possible compromise ever - it makes no sense at all.

Trump - the deal-maker!

Not so much.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
Wow, SCROTUS is some deal maker.So glad Rat Faced Ryan blew his big claim to fame. They will be able to bring this up again but highly doubt it will be anytime soon. Really, 7 years yes 7 years to come up with an alternate plan and they could not. Just goes to show how they love to say NO but have zero idea on how to effectively say yes.Weak, weak, weak sisters....all of the Republicans and their bumbling Fearless Leader Drumpf. They are sell outs to the Russians, K Street special interests, and Wall Street.....

It will be fine

And now Trump is blaming democrats for this failure. Gross incompetence from our president. He is on pace to be the least effective president ever, it's looking like he will accomplish nothing substantial in his first 100 days. Do republicans still believe he is delivering on his campaign promises?

bbsam

Staff member
Just think what tax reform is going to look like next. The template is made. With Republicans in power, incredible wealth for the rich and screw everyone else. Democrats on steroids.

bbsam

Staff member
And now Trump is blaming democrats for this failure. Gross incompetence from our president. He is on pace to be the least effective president ever, it's looking like he will accomplish nothing substantial in his first 100 days. Do republicans still believe he is delivering on his campaign promises?
I used to think the Republican party would look for any way possible to rid themselves of Trump but it looks like the entire party is screwball, power-hungry types with no real interest in governance.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Boehner said this one month ago.

C7s0ye_VQAAUVpI.jpg

BrownArmy

I used to think the Republican party would look for any way possible to rid themselves of Trump but it looks like the entire party is screwball, power-hungry types with no real interest in governance.

Have no fear, if it turns out there is actionable evidence against Trump or his team, and it goes south quickly, I have no doubt that the Republicans would drop Trump in a heartbeat.

I don't think any of them actually like Trump, but, when in Rome etc.

Pence is someone Republicans could more easily deal with, minus the endless baggage of our current twitter-finger President.

It's entirely possible that the FBI investigations of Trump and his team last for another year or two - whatever you think about that, it's just a huge distraction.

When (or if) push comes to shove, Republicans would drop Trump like a prom dress after midnight.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Trump - the deal-maker!

Not so much.
Haven taken 2 Negotiation classes for Project Management through Geo Washington University's PM program, I have to disagree with you.
The most important thing to do before one enters into a negotiation is to establish a BATNA (Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement).
Trump will not tell us what his BATNA was but we saw the initial step towards that end.
It will be interesting to look back on this and understand what he's up to.

BrownArmy

Haven taken 2 Negotiation classes for Project Management through Geo Washington University's PM program, I have to disagree with you.
The most important thing to do before one enters into a negotiation is to establish a BATNA (Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement).
Trump will not tell us what his BATNA was but we saw the initial step towards that end.
It will be interesting to look back on this and understand what he's up to.

You're assuming Trump has a BATNA.

That's optimistic.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Have no fear, if it turns out there is actionable evidence against Trump or his team, and it goes south quickly, I have no doubt that the Republicans would drop Trump in a heartbeat.

I don't think any of them actually like Trump, but, when in Rome etc.

Pence is someone Republicans could more easily deal with, minus the endless baggage of our current twitter-finger President.

It's entirely possible that the FBI investigations of Trump and his team last for another year or two - whatever you think about that, it's just a huge distraction.

When (or if) push comes to shove, Republicans would drop Trump like a prom dress after midnight.
I don't know of anyone that "likes" Trump ... his behavior is pretty atrocious.