Requirements

brownstreak86

I was homeschooled and got my GED. It seriously took me 5 hours out of a Saturday and didn't require much studying. If you have common sense, you'll pass it just fine with little to no studying. I'd get it, as soon as possible. If you don't plan on going to College, you need to have some piece of paper that proves your not a complete idiot.

HardknocksUPSer

You really talked yourself down there, Hardups.
I know but it's absolutely the truth, we are doing a job that nobody wants to do, I do feel as if we should be paid well because of the environment in which we work and the amount of work we do. I'm thankful for my job, UPS is the best opportunity I've ever had in my life to make a decent living, I grew up without a pot to piss in and UPS gives me the chance to better myself and give my future children a better opportunity in life than I've had.

I was homeschooled and got my GED. It seriously took me 5 hours out of a Saturday and didn't require much studying. If you have common sense, you'll pass it just fine with little to no studying. I'd get it, as soon as possible. If you don't plan on going to College, you need to have some piece of paper that proves your not a complete idiot.
It's been awhile since the last time I've been in a classroom and there are a few subjects I'm not very good at.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
I've heard that there's only 2 things I need to become a driver, a high school diploma and driver license. But, what I don't have is a high school diploma since I've dropped out. Have they ever asked you guys to show your high school diploma when you guys signed up to become a driver?
In this case apply for management. You're more than qualified.