Resignation

542thruNthru

Unless the rules at UPS are different, (correct me if I’m wrong), doesn’t management have no say in whether one can take FMLA?
FMLA is in our contract but it pretty much mirrors the federal standard. Some states have better benefits but I don't believe any give you more than 12 weeks a year.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
FMLA is in our contract but it pretty much mirrors the federal standard. Some states have better benefits but I don't believe any give you more than 12 weeks a year.
yes. 12 weeks is the max but they made an exception on 2 of mine. One my spouse had a heart attack and the other was due to a stroke. At the time I was working at a hub that was 150 miles away ( before my transfer to Sparks ,NV ) and I was only home on weekends. There was no one else for home care.

This is how I eventually received a hardship transfer. No work followed me so lost all my seniority and went to bottom of bid list. kept my company seniority for everything else.

12 weeks was federal. the rest the company allowed. the union was not involved. just had a compassionate boss.