retired benefits major hike

vantexan

And just exactly what concessions and sacrifices are you personally willing to make in order to do YOUR PART to pay down the debt?
And BTW you still haven't answered the question of where the money came from to fund the cost of that "forgiveness" you keep talking about? Do you think the surgical team that performed your heart operation was comprised of unpaid volunteers?
We've gone over this ad nauseum. I'm almost certain the money came from the Supreme Court shooting down you wanting to spend a half trillion on college grads with good jobs because their student loans were preventing them from buying a Tesla.

And just what concessions are you willing to make to avoid a default on the national debt? Apparently not any.

bacha29

We've gone over this ad nauseum. I'm almost certain the money came from the Supreme Court shooting down you wanting to spend a half trillion on college grads with good jobs because their student loans were preventing them from buying a Tesla.

And just what concessions are you willing to make to avoid a default on the national debt? Apparently not any.
1. That so called "forgiven" came courtesy of the charity care reserve fund hospitals are required to maintain funded by surcharges
placed on hospital services that are passed through to insurers and finally down to premium paying subscribers. In other words
it was indeed other people's money.

2. What will i do about the national debt? I will be 100% fully compliant with any new debt reduction legislation that is passed into
law. In the meantime I'm not going to go running around parroting all the gloom and doom stories conservative media sticks in
my head. In addition I will focus on remaining as healthy as I can be holding my need for Medicare funded healthcare services
to the lowest level possible. In addition, I will continue to promptly pay in full whatever future tax liabilities I may incur.

vantexan

1. That so called "forgiven" came courtesy of the charity care reserve fund hospitals are required to maintain funded by surcharges
placed on hospital services that are passed through to insurers and finally down to premium paying subscribers. In other words
it was indeed other people's money.

2. What will i do about the national debt? I will be 100% fully compliant with any new debt reduction legislation that is passed into
law. In the meantime I'm not going to go running around parroting all the gloom and doom stories conservative media sticks in
my head. In addition I will focus on remaining as healthy as I can be holding my need for Medicare funded healthcare services
to the lowest level possible. In addition, I will continue to promptly pay in full whatever future tax liabilities I may incur.
The Treasury just announced for the first time they will be borrowing over $1 trillion in one quarter. In 2009 the deficit was a trillion for the whole year. And yet you want to spend over a half trillion on people with college educations and good jobs.

And give yourself a cookie for being so dedicated.

bacha29

The Treasury just announced for the first time they will be borrowing over $1 trillion in one quarter. In 2009 the deficit was a trillion for the whole year. And yet you want to spend over a half trillion on people with college educations and good jobs.

And give yourself a cookie for being so dedicated.
A few months ago you were laying on death's doorstep. A social welfare system different than the one we currently have or in many countries no system at all would have left you for dead. Instead it was there when you needed it and was damn good to you Therefore, you are in a poor position to offer such harsh criticism. Because of our system and only because of our system is the reason why you are alive today.

vantexan

A few months ago you were laying on death's doorstep. A social welfare system different than the one we currently have or in many countries no system at all would have left you for dead. Instead it was there when you needed it and was damn good to you Therefore, you are in a poor position to offer such harsh criticism. Because of our system and only because of our system is the reason why you are alive today.
BS. I could've gotten the same operation in numerous countries for less than $20k and my dad would've paid for it. And I'd be paying him back monthly for it.

The fact is if you don't have insurance, and for many the ACA isn't affordable, you're better off seeking medical care overseas if you're going to pay out of pocket and haven't qualified for Medicare yet. You act like I exploited the system when I was flat out shocked that they offered that to me. And I'm thankful for it.

What I'm not thankful for is people who are threatening the entire system by insisting we spend ourselves into oblivion. You call wanting prudent spending and good stewardship "harsh criticism." It's why you aren't taken seriously. You always twist and spin rather than have an honest discussion about issues. And the reason why is that if you lose the power to throw money at various constituencies then you lose their vote and thus your power. Without your power your party withers and dies because you aren't really about solving problems anymore. No longer JFK's and Harry S. Truman's party anymore. Y'all are in it for the money. And no one demonstrates that more than Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden. And you protect them at all costs.

bacha29

BS. I could've gotten the same operation in numerous countries for less than $20k and my dad would've paid for it. And I'd be paying him back monthly for it.

The fact is if you don't have insurance, and for many the ACA isn't affordable, you're better off seeking medical care overseas if you're going to pay out of pocket and haven't qualified for Medicare yet. You act like I exploited the system when I was flat out shocked that they offered that to me. And I'm thankful for it.

What I'm not thankful for is people who are threatening the entire system by insisting we spend ourselves into oblivion. You call wanting prudent spending and good stewardship "harsh criticism." It's why you aren't taken seriously. You always twist and spin rather than have an honest discussion about issues. And the reason why is that if you lose the power to throw money at various constituencies then you lose their vote and thus your power. Without your power your party withers and dies because you aren't really about solving problems anymore. No longer JFK's and Harry S. Truman's party anymore. Y'all are in it for the money. And no one demonstrates that more than Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden. And you protect them at all costs.
That being the case why didn't you simply get up off the gurney, call a ride share hop in go to the airport and board a plane that goes to one of those foreign countries for your operation?
Today's MAGA's are people who have their hands out to grab every cent of public benefits they can get....but they don't want anybody else to get any.
They believe that their public benefits are made affordable thanks to the collective economic resources of the nation but those same collective economic resources are not sufficient to make public benefits for someone else affordable.
Their entire grievance is not directed toward a demand for a more restrictive fiscal policy.....It has nothing to do with that.
Instead, it has everything to do with....self preservation. They're way too dependent on public benefits and they know it.
But with whom does the blame rest other than themselves?
They are absolute with their support for candidates whose entire political platform rest on severe cuts to ALL public benefits programs. Do they actually believe that they will be spared the impact of those cuts?

vantexan

That being the case why didn't you simply get up off the gurney, call a ride share hop in go to the airport and board a plane that goes to one of those foreign countries for your operation?
Today's MAGA's are people who have their hands out to grab every cent of public benefits they can get....but they don't want anybody else to get any.
They believe that their public benefits are made affordable thanks to the collective economic resources of the nation but those same collective economic resources are not sufficient to make public benefits for someone else affordable.
Their entire grievance is not directed toward a demand for a more restrictive fiscal policy.....It has nothing to do with that.
Instead, it has everything to do with....self preservation. They're way too dependent on public benefits and they know it.
But with whom does the blame rest other than themselves?
They are absolute with their support for candidates whose entire political platform rest on severe cuts to ALL public benefits programs. Do they actually believe that they will be spared the impact of those cuts?
You keep spewing that but it was a public benefit. Meanwhile you want to defend a corrupt party that is a shadow of its former self. But then the way you spin everything you must be pretty corrupt yourself. Birds of a feather and all that.

$33 trillion and counting and you're advocating giving half a trillion to people with good salaries. Uh-huh.

bacha29

You keep spewing that but it was a public benefit. Meanwhile you want to defend a corrupt party that is a shadow of its former self. But then the way you spin everything you must be pretty corrupt yourself. Birds of a feather and all that.

$33 trillion and counting and you're advocating giving half a trillion to people with good salaries. Uh-huh.
Why not simply answer the questions. If going overseas for a heart operation was a better option....why didn't you make use of it?

The 33 trillion you mentioned? Does it or does it not pose a threat to your present or future public benefits?

After all, all the time you spent drifting around Asia and South America you weren't the least bit concerned about America's national public debt. So don't try to tell me that your grievance regarding US fiscal policy is being made by a concerned citizen.

vantexan

Why not simply answer the questions. If going overseas for a heart operation was a better option....why didn't you make use of it?

The 33 trillion you mentioned? Does it or does it not pose a threat to your present or future public benefits?

After all, all the time you spent drifting around Asia and South America you weren't the least bit concerned about America's national public debt. So don't try to tell me that your grievance regarding US fiscal policy is being made by a concerned citizen.
It was an emergency situation doofus. If I were overseas then would've had it done there.

You can't be serious about the national debt. I spent a total of about 20 months traveling overseas. You act like that is somehow being a traitor to your country. You do realize the point of having freedom is to be able to live anywhere you please? But that $33 trillion comes with higher interest rates and a much higher servicing of the debt. When interest rates were near 0% it wasn't an issue. But now it's costing the government almost a trillion a year in interest. That's money that could be spent on various programs as well as paying down the debt. As y'all pile on even more debt what in your esteemed estimation is the upper limit of what the government can pay and still provide the services that you believe are vital? Do you think the government can just print its way out of it? Have you not noticed how that drove inflation up?

bacha29

bacha29

It was an emergency situation doofus. If I were overseas then would've had it done there.

You can't be serious about the national debt. I spent a total of about 20 months traveling overseas. You act like that is somehow being a traitor to your country. You do realize the point of having freedom is to be able to live anywhere you please? But that $33 trillion comes with higher interest rates and a much higher servicing of the debt. When interest rates were near 0% it wasn't an issue. But now it's costing the government almost a trillion a year in interest. That's money that could be spent on various programs as well as paying down the debt. As y'all pile on even more debt what in your esteemed estimation is the upper limit of what the government can pay and still provide the services that you believe are vital? Do you think the government can just print its way out of it? Have you not noticed how that drove inflation up?
Just how does it directly impact you? Is your Dad going to buy you a house or a new car in the near future that will result in higher financing charges?
"Various programs" What specific programs are you advocating for while at the same time you're demanding severe cuts in public spending?

The government's spending authorization ends on 9-30 So here's your chance to state exactly where you want cuts made.
In the past Congress would put all spending appropriations into one big bill. But, McCarthy in order to become House Speaker had to make a concession to the so called "Freedom Caucus" whereby it will now require the passage of 12 separate bills . As of today only 1 has passed.

vantexan

Just how does it directly impact you? Is your Dad going to buy you a house or a new car in the near future that will result in higher financing charges?
"Various programs" What specific programs are you advocating for while at the same time you're demanding severe cuts in public spending?

The government's spending authorization ends on 9-30 So here's your chance to state exactly where you want cuts made.
In the past Congress would put all spending appropriations into one big bill. But, McCarthy in order to become House Speaker had to make a concession to the so called "Freedom Caucus" whereby it will now require the passage of 12 separate bills . As of today only 1 has passed.
If the country defaults on its debt we'll all suffer. They'll have to pay much higher interest to get people to invest in our bonds and t-bills. Programs will have to be cut. Don't you get that?

vantexan

Already told you but I realize that English isn't your first language. Who goes overseas in the middle of a heart attack? Meanwhile you double down on huge, unnecessary spending like spending half a trillion of college grads with good salaries. No wonder we're so far in debt.

vantexan

Answer the questions, answer the questions!!!

bacha29

If the country defaults on its debt we'll all suffer. They'll have to pay much higher interest to get people to invest in our bonds and t-bills. Programs will have to be cut. Don't you get that?
Bond rating might be lowered but it will not default. Now you keep squawking for spending cuts but you refuse to target areas where you think it should made. So if you refuse to target specific areas then there is zero point in continuing to squawk .

It appears that you might have an insect caught in a bodily orifice When it comes to your obsession with student loan forgiveness. The cost of the revised plan is a fraction of the original. Now that you have all day on your hands why not sign up for a few college courses?
At the heart of the matter is finding a way to make college more affordable. If we can't find a way to do so then our brightest minds may not be able to attend. And that is not a good thing given ever more competitive global markets the rising power of our adversaries and the growth of artificial intelligence which completely change the world as we know it.

I don't spend all day fretting over fiscal policy issues because I don't have any control over the matter and neither do you.
All I can do is to pay promptly and in full my tax liabilities when they come due and to keep my credit score above 800 even though I haven't borrowed a single dollar since 1999. That being a 5 year that I paid off in less than 4.

vantexan

Bond rating might be lowered but it will not default. Now you keep squawking for spending cuts but you refuse to target areas where you think it should made. So if you refuse to target specific areas then there is zero point in continuing to squawk .

It appears that you might have an insect caught in a bodily orifice When it comes to your obsession with student loan forgiveness. The cost of the revised plan is a fraction of the original. Now that you have all day on your hands why not sign up for a few college courses?
At the heart of the matter is finding a way to make college more affordable. If we can't find a way to do so then our brightest minds may not be able to attend. And that is not a good thing given ever more competitive global markets the rising power of our adversaries and the growth of artificial intelligence which completely change the world as we know it.

I don't spend all day fretting over fiscal policy issues because I don't have any control over the matter and neither do you.
All I can do is to pay promptly and in full my tax liabilities when they come due and to keep my credit score above 800 even though I haven't borrowed a single dollar since 1999. That being a 5 year that I paid off in less than 4.
Biden is doing what he can get away with now. If he had his way he would've done half a trillion. With people like you cheerleading for it.

Who is fretting all day? I just point out the ridiculousness of constantly looking for ways to spend billions when we're already $33 trillion in debt.

A good start is examining every expenditure for waste, fraud, and abuse. Then an at least 10% across the board reduction in spending. People will just have to learn to make do.

You always accuse me of only wanting programs that benefit me personally. Because of government mismanagement there's a very real possibility that Social Security payments will be reduced 23% by 2033. If not sooner. If we're taking a big reduction then you can damn well reduce spending on everything else.

bacha29

Biden is doing what he can get away with now. If he had his way he would've done half a trillion. With people like you cheerleading for it.

Who is fretting all day? I just point out the ridiculousness of constantly looking for ways to spend billions when we're already $33 trillion in debt.

A good start is examining every expenditure for waste, fraud, and abuse. Then an at least 10% across the board reduction in spending. People will just have to learn to make do.

You always accuse me of only wanting programs that benefit me personally. Because of government mismanagement there's a very real possibility that Social Security payments will be reduced 23% by 2033. If not sooner. If we're taking a big reduction then you can damn well reduce spending on everything else.
Are you willing to take a permanent additional 10% cut to your monthly SS check ? 35% rather than the 25% for clocking out early?

vantexan

Are you willing to take a permanent additional 10% cut to your monthly SS check ? 35% rather than the 25% for clocking out early?
Why would I? I'll take whatever I end up getting. But it'll likely be less because big spending Democrats are running us into the ground.